Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Matt Fury <ma...@what-the.net> on 2003/03/18 21:52:24 UTC

Best way to capture Stack Trace when Tomcat Failes complete?

Hi All,

I am doing some native programming with Java and C++
DLL. The DLL works the first time around through a JSP
page but the second time around it crashes Tomcat
completely. Unfortunately the Stack Trace prints out
in the console but the console shuts down before I can
read it. Is there a way to capture that information to
a log file since its  low-level?

-Matt

Re: Best way to capture Stack Trace when Tomcat Failes complete?

Posted by Tim Funk <fu...@joedog.org>.
2 easy(but not the only) ways:

1 - Hack catalina.bat to redirect standard output to a file.
2 - Use cygwin and stdout/error will go to logs/catalina.out

-Tim