Posted to user@beam.apache.org by Talat Uyarer <tu...@paloaltonetworks.com> on 2020/06/12 23:29:38 UTC

Building Dataflow Worker

Hi,

I want to build the dataflow worker on apache beram 2.19. However I faced a
grpc issue. I did not change anything. Just checked release-2.19.0 branch
and run build command. Could you help me understand why it does not build.
[1]

Additional information, Based on my limited knowledge Looks like it is
looking for a class which is coming grpc 1.26 version. But beam 2.19
version is using grpc 1.21

You can find build output below.

Thanks
[1] http://dpaste.com/15X7429

Re: Building Dataflow Worker

Posted by Steve Niemitz <sn...@apache.org>.
I think you want the "legacy-worker" target instead:

./gradlew -Ppublishing -PnoSigning
:runners:google-cloud-dataflow-java:worker:legacy-worker:shadowJar

That's what I've always used at least.

Posted by Kyle Weaver <kc...@google.com>.
> Looks like there is an issue with Gradle Errorprone's plugin.

I saw the same error earlier today:
https://jira.apache.org/jira/browse/BEAM-10263

I haven't done a full investigation yet, but it seems this broke the build
for several (?) past Beam source releases. I'm not sure what Beam's policy
is about patching existing source releases, but in any case it is fixed in
2.22.0 and the master branch.

Posted by Talat Uyarer <tu...@paloaltonetworks.com>.

Posted by Luke Cwik <lc...@google.com>.