Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by "Terasa, Lutz" <lu...@ppi.de> on 2000/10/11 08:41:52 UTC

Compilation of Xerces C on HPUX 10.2/11.0 and AIX 4.2 under GCC

	Hi,

	who can help me?
	I want to compile the entire Xerces-C-library V1.3.0 under GCC on
the
	platforms AIX 4 (.2.0), HP-UX 11.0 and HP-UX 10.2.
	Compiling the Module "IconvTransService" produces the error
"wctype.h: No
	such file or directory". From where do I get this
	file (and perhaps all files which are included from it)? I think
it's a
	platform dependent file, but it will be included if a
	GCC-Compiler is detected (via the symbol "XML_GCC" which is set in
	"AutoSense.hpp").
	On the platforms Solaris, AIX 4.3, Linux and Windows NT there are no
errors
	and the produced programs which use the Xerces-Library run well.

	Thank you for your answer!

	Lutz Terasa
	Pape+Partner Media GmbH

Re: Compilation of Xerces C on HPUX 10.2/11.0 and AIX 4.2 under GCC

Posted by Andy Heninger <an...@jtcsv.com>.
Andy,
Could  you please send this reply of mine to the apache (xerces-c-dev)? My
id is giving some problem and am unable to send any replies to that
server. Since I've to rush for the afternoon session to Mountain View
looks like I won't be in a position to resolve this problem today.
The mail topic was "Compilation of Xerces C on HPUX 10.2/11.0 and AIX 4.2
under GCC"
Thanks,
Arundhati
IBM -- XML Technology Group (Silicon Valley)
email: aruna1@us.ibm.com

--------
Lutz,
There are couple of changes that you've to do before you can just compile
on your
desired platforms with the choice of your compiler.

1. The makefiles needs to be modified to allow gcc on AIX, HP11/10. You
need to
modify Makefile.incl in src directory for this.
2. You also need to specify your combination of platform-compiler option
in
XercesDefs.hpp to include the right compiler file. (Although "XML_GCC" is
defined
in AutoSense.hpp the gcc related compiler file is not included unless its
being
included for that platform in XercesDefs.hpp)
I cannot guarantee you that this would be the end of your problem. You've
compile and see what lies next.
Arundhati

Posted by Arundhati Bhowmick <bh...@jtcsv.com>.
Lutz,
There are couple of changes that you've to do before you can just compile on
your desired platforms with the choice of your compiler.

1. The makefiles needs to be modified to allow gcc on AIX, HP11/10. You need to
modify Makefile.incl in src directory for this.
2. You also need to specify your combination of platform-compiler option in
XercesDefs.hpp to include the right compiler file. (Although "XML_GCC" is
defined in AutoSense.hpp the gcc related compiler file is not included unless
its being included for that platform in XercesDefs.hpp)
I cannot guarantee you that this would be the end of your problem. You've to

"Terasa, Lutz" wrote:

>         Hi,
>
>         who can help me?
>         I want to compile the entire Xerces-C-library V1.3.0 under GCC on
> the
>         platforms AIX 4 (.2.0), HP-UX 11.0 and HP-UX 10.2.
>         Compiling the Module "IconvTransService" produces the error
> "wctype.h: No
>         such file or directory". From where do I get this
>         file (and perhaps all files which are included from it)? I think
> it's a
>         platform dependent file, but it will be included if a
>         GCC-Compiler is detected (via the symbol "XML_GCC" which is set in
>         "AutoSense.hpp").
>         On the platforms Solaris, AIX 4.3, Linux and Windows NT there are no
> errors
>         and the produced programs which use the Xerces-Library run well.
>
>         Thank you for your answer!
>
>         Lutz Terasa
>         Pape+Partner Media GmbH

Arundhati Bhowmick
IBM -- XML Technology Group (Silicon Valley)