Posted to general@lucene.apache.org by Uchit Patel <uc...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2017/04/13 10:37:48 UTC

SOLR - 6.4.0 SolrCore Initialization Failures

Hi,
I have recently moved my cores from SOLR 5.1.0 to 6.4.0.  I am using windows environment. I have large data in cores. I have total 6 cores with total data 142 GB. All cores are migrated perfectly but one is giving error:

SolrCore Initialization Failures

   - core_name: org.apache.solr.common.SolrException:org.apache.solr.common.SolrException: JVM Error creating core [core_name]: Java heap space

I checked SOLR_HEAP="8g" in solr.in.sh
Why I have problem in only one core ?
Thanks.
Regards,
Uchit Patel

Re: SOLR - 6.4.0 SolrCore Initialization Failures

Posted by MadiganM <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi, i have just same problem right now.
Did you find a solution? If yes, just write it here, it would be very
useful.
I work for  good essay <https://bestessay.education/>   writing service and
have just a huge amount of data.
That is why i need to solve this problem as fast as i can.
Please mail me the solution to madiganmccauley@gmail.com as fast as you find
it.
Already thank you!

--
Sent from: http://lucene.472066.n3.nabble.com/Lucene-General-f642108.html

Re: SOLR - 6.4.0 SolrCore Initialization Failures

Posted by Shawn Heisey <ap...@elyograg.org>.
On 4/13/2017 4:37 AM, Uchit Patel wrote:
> I have recently moved my cores from SOLR 5.1.0 to 6.4.0.  I am using windows environment. I have large data in cores. I have total 6 cores with total data 142 GB. All cores are migrated perfectly but one is giving error:
>
> SolrCore Initialization Failures
>
>    - core_name: org.apache.solr.common.SolrException:org.apache.solr.common.SolrException: JVM Error creating core [core_name]: Java heap space
>
> I checked SOLR_HEAP="8g" in solr.in.sh
> Why I have problem in only one core ?

Heap space problems affect the entire process, and the reason for
needing more heap may not be apparent from logs.  An OutOfMemoryError
may be thrown from *ANY* part of the program when you run out of heap,
even pieces of the program that aren't the actual problem.

https://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrPerformanceProblems#Java_Heap

Thanks,
Shawn