Posted to user@ctakes.apache.org by "Chen, Pei" <Pe...@childrens.harvard.edu> on 2014/12/31 20:53:38 UTC

[DISCUSS] new cTAKES web site

Hi folks,
Michelle, Sean, Guergana, and Co. have created a few mockups for the new cTAKES website.  Which option would folks prefer?
This is purely on the design intent, and layout, etc.  (not actual content).
Option 1: http://mwchen.scripts.mit.edu/cTakes/mock0/index.html
Option 2: http://mwchen.scripts.mit.edu/cTakes/mock1/index.html
Option 3: http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/ctakes/site/new/index.html
Option 4: http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/ctakes/site/new/index2.html

RE: [DISCUSS] new cTAKES web site

Posted by "Chen, Pei" <Pe...@childrens.harvard.edu>.
Thanks for the responses!  It looks like there is a strong preference for Option 1:
Results Tally:
Option 1 – (7) Britt, Tim, John, Oleg, Brian, Sarma, Todd
Option 2 – (1) James: Only the Top Nav/Menu Bar
Option 3 – (0)
Option 4 – (4) Tim, James, Chen, Sarma

I suggest we converge with #1's code and incorporate the comments/feedback.

Michelle, would it be possible to attach the code of #1 into the Jira [1]?  That way, it's gone thru the proper channels and you will receive credit for your contribution(s).
I will then move it to the central repo [2] that we can all work off there going forward.
[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CTAKES-342
[2] http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/ctakes/site/

--Pei

Posted by Karthik Sarma <ks...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Oleg Tikhonov <ol...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
>From my s4 loved the first option.
Options 3 and 4 weren't working.

Oleg

Posted by Karthik Sarma <ks...@gmail.com>.

Posted by John Green <jo...@gmail.com>.
Acknowledging how variable taste is in aesthetics like web design... I'll
say I really like 1! Though 4 would be a strong contender.

The graphic in 3 is very informative.

JG

Posted by "Masanz, James J." <Ma...@mayo.edu>.

Posted by britt fitch <br...@wiredinformatics.com>.

Posted by britt fitch <br...@wiredinformatics.com>.

Posted by "Wilson, Brian" <BW...@tuftsmedicalcenter.org>.
like option 1, though you might want to double check the responsive layout on android - Examples button is ~75% of Download.

the examples you reference are helpful but very (understandably) focused towards a computer scientist audience. It would be wonderful to have example usecases that a clinical researcher / layperson could relate to and fully appreciate the need for this technology, which could also include information on why more primitive arguably more crude,  approaches to this issue - such as simple keyword matching, have limited utility. - help educate the masses :)

e.g. "Using ctakes to better profile a clinical trial patient cohort for blah, which resulted in a faster recruitment and lower screen failures"

As part of this if it were possible to create a short series of 5 minute video interviews with supportive clinicians (researchers)
Something  like:  http://www.tuftsctsi.org/Education-and-Career-Development/K-Scholar-Programs.aspx

On 12/31/2014 02:53 PM, Chen, Pei wrote:

	Hi folks,
	Michelle, Sean, Guergana, and Co. have created a few mockups for the new cTAKES website.  Which option would folks prefer?
	This is purely on the design intent, and layout, etc.  (not actual content).

	Option 1: http://mwchen.scripts.mit.edu/cTakes/mock0/index.html
	Option 2: http://mwchen.scripts.mit.edu/cTakes/mock1/index.html
	Option 3: http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/ctakes/site/new/index.html
	Option 4: http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/ctakes/site/new/index2.html

--
Tufts Clinical and Translational Science Institute (CTSI)
Email: bwilson@tuftsmedicalcenter.org

Fax: 1-617-636-7757

http://www.tuftsctsi.org/
http://www.twitter.com/tuftsctsi
http://www.facebook.com/tuftsctsi

http://www.linkedin.com/company/tufts-clinical-and-translational-science-institute-ctsi-

Cite the NIH CTSA grant any time you use Tufts CTSI resources, services, and facilities: UL1 TR001064
The information in this e-mail is intended only for the person to whom it is addressed. If you believe this e-mail was sent to you in error and the e-mail contains patient information, please contact the Tufts Medical Center HIPAA Hotline at (617) 636-4422. If the e-mail was sent to you in error but does not contain patient information, please contact the sender and properly dispose of the e-mail.

Re: [DISCUSS] new cTAKES web site