Posted to dev@hc.apache.org by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org> on 2014/03/20 14:45:27 UTC

[ANNOUNCEMENT] HttpComponents Client for Android 4.3.3 Released

The Apache HttpComponents project is pleased to announce a port
of HttpComponents HttpClient 4.3.3 GA to Google Android.

Apache HttpClient for Android can be deployed on Google Android in
parallel to the outdated version shipped with platform  while
remaining partially API compatible with Apache HttpClient 4.3.

Differences with the stock version of Apache HttpClient

(1) Compiled against HttpClient 4.0 APIs.
(2) Commons Logging replaced with Android Logging.
(3) Base64 implementation from Commons Codec replaced with Android
Base64.
(4) Android SSLCertificateSocketFactory used by default for SSL/TLS
connections.

Compatibility notes

(1) HttpClient port for Android is compiled against the official Android
SDK and is expected to be fully compatible with any code consuming
HttpClient services through its interface (HttpClient) rather than the
default implementation (DefaultHttpClient).

(2) Code compiled against stock versions of Apache HttpClient 4.3 is not
fully compatible with the HttpClient port for Android. Some of the
implementation classes had to be copied (or shaded) with different names
in order to avoid conflicts with the older versions of the same classes
included in the Android runtime. One can increase compatibility with the
stock version of HttpClient by avoiding 'org.apache.http.**.*HC4'
classes.

Download -
<http://hc.apache.org/downloads.cgi>

More details can be found at
<http://hc.apache.org/httpcomponents-client-4.3.x/android-port.html>

Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] HttpComponents Client for Android 4.3.3 Released

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 20 June 2014 19:14, bfarache <br...@liferay.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've added httpclient-android as dependency to my project. I've tried to
> check if it was using it instead of the Http Client classes inside

Please start a new thread for a new subject, and use a suitable new
subject that describes what your query is.
Thanks.

Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] HttpComponents Client for Android 4.3.3 Released

Posted by bfarache <br...@liferay.com>.
Hi,

I've added httpclient-android as dependency to my project. I've tried to
check if it was using it instead of the Http Client classes inside
android.jar with Android Studio's debugger.

I couldn't confirm that, the debugger steps into android.jar methods instead
of httpclient-android-4.3.3.jar methods. I'm not sure if the debugger is
getting confused or if it's really using the correct classes.

Is there another way to confirm that?