Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by nicolas de loof <ni...@apache.org> on 2009/01/28 09:55:49 UTC

repository ID as mirrorOf. Why not URL ?

Hi,
The <mirrorOf> settings.xml element uses repository ID to match mirrors from
projetcs <reposiroties>. Just to match codehaus shapshot repository, I have
to declare <mirrorOf>snapshot.codehaus,codehaus.shapshot,codehaus-shapshot,Codehaus
Snapshots</mirrorOf>
... and maybe I still miss some variants

Why do we use ID to match repos, and not URL ?
Can we extend the mirroring feature to also look for URL matching in a
future version ?

Cheers,
Nicolas

RE: repository ID as mirrorOf. Why not URL ?

Posted by "Brian E. Fox" <br...@reply.infinity.nu>.
We actually have the start of a proposal regarding the metadata for
this. I will follow up shortly with the details.

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.

Posted by nicolas de loof <ni...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Brian E. Fox" <br...@reply.infinity.nu>.