Posted to user@beam.apache.org by deepak kumar <kd...@gmail.com> on 2019/09/22 04:39:29 UTC

Design patterns while using Beam

Hi All
I guess we need to put some examples in the documentation around best
coding practises , concurrency , non blocking IO and design patterns while
writing Apache Beam pipelines.
Is there any such guide available ?
E.g. when there are lot of options to be used in the pipeline ,
BuilderPattern should be used.
Another use case can be when anyone wants to run complex transformation on
incoming objects , visitor pattern should be used.
This guide can come from people already running beam in production and
written it with all best practices in mind.
It will help in greater and wider adaoption.

Just a thought.
Please let me know if anyone wants to contribute and i can lead this
initiative.

Thanks
Deepak

Re: Design patterns while using Beam

Posted by Eugene Kirpichov <ki...@google.com>.
There's also https://beam.apache.org/contribute/ptransform-style-guide/
(disclaimer:
I'm the main author) which is currently under "Technical docs" but probably
should be moved under "Patterns" instead.

Posted by Chad Dombrova <ch...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Reza Rokni <re...@google.com>.
Great idea!

Posted by dev wearebold <we...@gmail.com>.