Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Sylvain Wallez <sy...@apache.org> on 2011/12/18 23:53:14 UTC

Welcome Cédric Damioli and Robby Pelssers as Cocoon committers

Hi all,

I am very happy to announce that the Cocoon PMC has voted Cédric Damioli
and Robby Pelssers as new Cocoon committers, provided of course that
they accept it.

Also, once you have your commit rights, you are welcome to join the
Cocoon PMC whose member have binding votes for releases and other
project matters.

Please read the instructions for committers and PMC members [1], first
thing being to send a CLA if not already done, and suggest your
preferred account name.

Welcome on board guys!

Sylvain

[1] http://apache.org/dev/#committers

--
Sylvain Wallez - http://bluxte.net

Re: Welcome Cédric Damioli and Robby Pelssers as Cocoon committers

Posted by Thorsten Scherler <sc...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, 2011-12-20 at 01:05 +0100, Cédric Damioli wrote:
> Hi community,
>
> I'm very proud to have been nominated for Cocoon commitership. Thanks a
> lot to all who voted for me.
>
> Let's introduce briefly myself: I am a 32 years old french guy, living
> and working near Toulouse (south west of France). I am married with
> Florence and have two daughters, Lisa, 3 years and Julia, 7 months and 2
> teeth since last week :)
>
> My long story with Cocoon began in 2002 as an intern of Sylvain Wallez,
> with pre-2.0 versions, on a time where sitemap was compiled and XSP were
> kings ! I was immediately impressed by the elegance of SAX based
> pipelines. I quickly learned to write custom components and to
> understand Cocoon internals.
> During the 7 next years, I have trained 100+ people from French
> administration and universities to Cocoon and developped dozens of
> Cocoon 2.0 and 2.1 based applications.
>
> Since 2009, I am the co-founder and CTO of Anyware Services, a small
> company developping Ametys (http://www.ametys.org), an Open Source Web
> CMS written on top of Cocoon 2.1. Ametys is currently mainly used by
> French universities, and run almost 50 000 sites around the world.
> Despite that Cocoon 2.1 may be considered as obsolete by many people, I
> still consider it as the best existing framework for building publishing
> applications. It is VERY stable and reliable.
> I must admit that I never considered a migration to Cocoon 2.2 nor 3.0,
> because of the amount of work it would represent to migrate all the
> features I hacked directly deep in the Cocoon internals.
> That's why I volunteered to help maintaining and releasing Cocoon 2.1
>
> I hope to be able to contribute back to Cocoon community as much as it
> brought to me and my projects  the last 10 years.

A warm welcome as committer.

Reading your introduction we started to know cocoon in the same year and
as you, I consider cocoon as well still the best existing framework for
building publishing applications. :)

I am looking forward to work with you on the project.

salu2
codeBusters S.L. - web based systems
<consulting, training and solutions>
http://www.codebusters.es/

Re: Welcome Cédric Damioli and Robby Pelssers as Cocoon committers

Posted by Cédric Damioli <ce...@anyware-services.com>.
Hi community,

[...]

Best regards,
Cédric Damioli

Posted by Simone Tripodi <si...@apache.org>.
thanks all for the great work guys, and welcome aboard!!!
All the best,
-Simo

http://simonetripodi.livejournal.com/
http://twitter.com/simonetripodi