Posted to user@openmeetings.apache.org by Zenon Panoussis <or...@provocation.net> on 2020/04/06 00:27:53 UTC

M4 network testing

There's a new network test on the login dialogue of M4.
It's nice and it works, but for the upload and download
speed results:

Pingstart test......
PingAverage ping time 102.1 ms
PingPackets received 10.0
PingPackets lost 0.0

Jitterstart test......
Jitter[101.0 ms, 96.0 ms, 97.0 ms, 97.0 ms, 98.0 ms]
JitterAverage time 97.8 ms
JitterMin time 96.0 ms
JitterMax time 101.0 ms
JitterJitter:3.2 ms; -1.8 ms

Upload speedstart test...Bytes uploaded 1.0 Mb...
Upload speed Upload speed

Download speedstart test...Bytes downloaded 1.0 Mb...
Download speedstart test...Bytes downloaded 2.0 Mb...
Download speed Download speed

Cheers,

Re: M4 network testing

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
Now I get what is wrong
Please file JIRA :)

On Mon, 6 Apr 2020 at 22:18, Zenon Panoussis <or...@provocation.net> wrote:

> > The same tests carried out from my internet connection show this data.
> See attached image.
>
> They do not. Look at your own image: the last line of the text
> section "Upload speed" says "Upload speed" instead of a number
> and the same happens on the last line of the text section
> "Download speed". It's simply a missed or unsubstituted variable,
> probably a typo.
>
> Cheers,

Best regards,
Maxim

Re: M4 network testing

Posted by Zenon Panoussis <or...@provocation.net>.

Re: M4 network testing

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
Yep,
I also see full test passed ...

On Mon, 6 Apr 2020 at 18:20, Juan Antonio Moreno Carmona <ja...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Obviously that does not depend on the openmeetings server but on the
> internet connection from which you are testing. The same tests carried
> out from my internet connection show this data. See attached image.
> Therefore it is a problem of your connection, not of openmeetings.
>

> El 6/4/20 a las 13:11, Zenon Panoussis escribió:
> >> demo servers are listed on the main site :)
> > Oops, sorry.
> >
> >> here is the direct link to demo-next -
> >> https://om.alteametasoft.com:8443/next/
> > Yes, it's the same there, see attached.

Best regards,
Maxim

Re: M4 network testing

Posted by Juan Antonio Moreno Carmona <ja...@gmail.com>.

Re: M4 network testing

Posted by Zenon Panoussis <or...@provocation.net>.

Re: M4 network testing

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
Well,

On Mon, 6 Apr 2020 at 07:56, Zenon Panoussis <or...@provocation.net> wrote:

> > Is it reproducible for you on demo-next?
>
> I know there's a demo somewhere (and someone praised it just
> today for being very fast), but I have no idea where it is.
> Could you please give me the URL?

Best regards,
Maxim

Re: M4 network testing

Posted by Zenon Panoussis <or...@provocation.net>.

Re: M4 network testing

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.

On Mon, 6 Apr 2020 at 07:28, Zenon Panoussis <or...@provocation.net> wrote:

> There's a new network test on the login dialogue of M4.
> It's nice and it works, but for the upload and download
> speed results:
>
> Pingstart test......
> PingAverage ping time 102.1 ms
> PingPackets received 10.0
> PingPackets lost 0.0
>
> Jitterstart test......
> Jitter[101.0 ms, 96.0 ms, 97.0 ms, 97.0 ms, 98.0 ms]
> JitterAverage time 97.8 ms
> JitterMin time 96.0 ms
> JitterMax time 101.0 ms
> JitterJitter:3.2 ms; -1.8 ms
>
> Upload speedstart test...Bytes uploaded 1.0 Mb...
> Upload speed Upload speed
>
> Download speedstart test...Bytes downloaded 1.0 Mb...
> Download speedstart test...Bytes downloaded 2.0 Mb...
> Download speed Download speed
>
> Cheers,

Best regards,
Maxim

Re: M4 network testing

Posted by Zenon Panoussis <or...@provocation.net>.
> It's nice and it works, but for the upload and download
> speed results:

I should add that the speeds are calculated correctly and
shown in the top "buttons", but just not in the rolling text.
See the attachment.