Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Archana Turaga <ar...@intervoice.com> on 2004/02/09 16:41:20 UTC

PSML question

Hi,

 I just wanted to know if this was possible:
When a new user is created i want to assign it a default psml from the role it inherits. So if the user is turbine and its role is Admin then i want the default.psml of Admin to be applied. If the user is Archana and her role is User then i want the default.psml of the Role user to be applied. I know this sounds like Role-based PSML and all i need to do is set the following parameter to nothing:

"services.profiler.newuser.template".

But the requirement does not end here. Once the new user has his default psml the user can then have individual settings. So if turbine user added a portlet A in his view user Archana should not see it which is what happens in Role-based PSML...based on what i prototyped.

Is it possible to use a role's psml file when the user is created and then after that psml file change is local to a particular user and not global to the role?

Please do help, I was evaluating this particular technique for our environment.

Thanks in advance for any responses.

Regards,
Archana

Re: PSML question

Posted by Paul Mansfield <pa...@psineteurope.com>.
On Mon, 2004-02-09 at 15:41, Archana Turaga wrote:
> Is it possible to use a role's psml file when the user is created and then after that psml file change is local to a particular user and not global to the role?

yes, this is what happens, which is ironically exactly the opposite of
what I want (to never save but recreate users profile on each login)!

you want the following in JetSpeedResources.properties

services.Profiler.newuser.template=
services.Profiler.rolefallback=true
services.Profiler.rolemerge=true
automatic.logout.save=true