Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Adrian Trenaman <ad...@ireland.com> on 2007/08/17 12:03:16 UTC

JCA demo raises java.lang.UnsupportedOperation when deployed in JBOSS

Hi,

Has anyone experienced any problems deploying the JCA adaptor into JBoss? I
was experiencing problems and have reproduced with the demo in
samples/integration/jca/hello_world. When the servlet invokes on the proxy,
we get:

    java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: setProperty must be overridden
by all subclasses of SOAP Message

I'm using JDK 1.5.0_09, CXF 2.0.1 and JBoss 4.2.1. Have also gotten the same
problem with JBoss 5.0.0 Beta 2.

Google shows that others have also experienced this problem; some
workarounds are suggested around putting libraries (jboss-jaxrpc.jar,
jboss-saaj.jar, jaxb-api.jar and jaxws-api.jar) into the JBoss lib/endorsed
directory. I note that the demo already places files in lib/endorsed - do we
need to add more?

Finally (I'm not sure whether this is related or not) - I'm noting that the
stack trace uses CXF classes right down to
sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl, and then JBossWS classes are used to
create the SOAP message. is this right? I would have thought that the entire
interaction should be handled by CXF classes?

Curious,
Ade.

Re: JCA demo raises java.lang.UnsupportedOperation when deployed in JBOSS

Posted by "YI (William) ZHU" <zh...@yahoo.com>.
Hi,

I met some similar troubles with JBoss 4.2.2, CXF2.0.2 and JDK 1.5.0_14.

When I deploy the JCA J2ee connector on JBoss, I found the following error
messages on JBoss console:

ERROR [STDERR] Jan 22, 2008 3:27:29 PM
org.apache.cxf.jca.cxf.ManagedConnectionFactoryImpl <init>

ERROR [STDERR] Jan 22, 2008 3:27:29 PM
org.apache.cxf.jca.cxf.AssociatedManagedConnectionFactoryImpl <init>

ERROR [STDERR] Jan 22, 2008 3:27:29 PM
org.apache.cxf.jca.cxf.AssociatedManagedConnectionFactoryImpl
setResourceAdapter
INFO: Associate Resource Adapter with ManagedConnectionFactory by appserver.
ra = null

ERROR [STDERR] Jan 22, 2008 3:27:29 PM
org.apache.cxf.jca.cxf.ManagedConnectionFactoryImpl createConnectionFactory

Could someone tell me that the CXF j2ee connector (CXF2.0.2) tested with
JBoss4.2.2?

Thanks,

Posted by Jeff Yu <je...@gmail.com>.
This "ERROR" is not a problem, because cxf uses the java.util.logger as
default, but jboss uses the log4j, so the log level is a bit of different.

you can config the log by using log4j one's in the cxf, and then the "ERROR"
would go away.

On Jan 24, 2008 12:42 AM, YI (William) ZHU <zh...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I tested using JBoss4.0.5 and CXF 2.0.2 as Jeff suggested to the sample,
> it
> works.
>
> But I still found error messages from JBoss 4.0.5 console.
>
> I don't know why there are so many "ERROR"s?
> although the sample seems function correctly.
>
> Is this bug in CXF?
>

> Please see the error messages:
> ... ERROR [STDERR] ... org.apache.cxf.jca.cxf.ManagedConnectionFactoryImpl
> <init>
>
> ... ERROR [STDERR] ...
> org.apache.cxf.jca.cxf.AssociatedManagedConnectionFactoryImpl <init>
>
> ... ERROR [STDERR] ...
> org.apache.cxf.jca.cxf.AssociatedManagedConnectionFactoryImpl
> setResourceAdapter
>
> ... ERROR [STDERR] ... org.apache.cxf.jca.cxf.ManagedConnectionFactoryImpl
> createConnectionFactory
>
> ... ERROR [STDERR] ..org.apache.cxf.jca.cxf.JCABusFactory
> initialiseServants
>
> ... ERROR [STDERR] ..org.apache.cxf.jca.cxf.JCABusFactory
> startPropertiesMonitorThread
>
> ... ERROR [STDERR] ..org.apache.cxf.jca.cxf.ConnectionFactoryImpl <init>
>
> ... ERROR [STDERR] ..org.apache.cxf.jca.cxf.JCABusFactory
> $EJBServicePropertiesMonitorRunnable run
>
> ... ERROR [STDERR] ..org.apache.cxf.jca.cxf.JCABusFactory loadProperties
>
> ... ERROR [STDERR] ..org.apache.cxf.jca.cxf.ConnectionFactoryImpl
> getConnection
>

> Jeff Zhang-2 wrote:
> >
> > Hi Ade,
> >
> > CXF has tested on Jboss 4.0.x in release. We can do work on Jboss 4.2.xif
> > you need. Could you raise a JIRA?
> >
> > Thanks
> > Jeff

Thanks
Jeff

Re: JCA demo raises java.lang.UnsupportedOperation when deployed in JBOSS

Posted by "YI (William) ZHU" <zh...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Jeff Zhang <je...@iona.com>.
Hi Ade,