Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Julián García <jg...@unionsoluciones.com.co> on 2005/11/18 18:26:37 UTC

Executing action from inputText

How can I code a method that executes an action taken as a string from a
backing bean.
For instance...if i have this navigation case in my config file

<from-view-id>*</from-view-id>
<navigation-case>
		<from-outcome>MY_ACTION</from-outcome>
		<to-view-id>/myPage.jsp</to-view-id>
</navigation-case>

I'd need the method to take "MY_ACTION" as String, ant take me to
/myPage.jsp

Any Ideas?

Thanks in advance....

SV: Executing action from inputText

Posted by Kasper Hansen <my...@zizi.dk>.
Just before returning the string "MY_ACTION" from your action method you
could call the method you like

Public String aAction(){
	final String action = "MY_ACTION";
	myMethod(action); //Here you can call your method
	return action;
}