Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Tobias Schaller <to...@gmx.net> on 2005/03/06 19:59:35 UTC

Berkeley DB problem: resource temporary unavailable

Dear all,

We are using subversion 1.05 on Solaris 5.8. On Friday, we were moved to
a  new filesystem.

When I tried to access the repositories, on every action I got the
error:
"svn: Berkeley DB error while opening environment for filesystem
/home/qqsvn/repos/itk/db:
Resource temporarily unavailable"

Does anyone have an idea what to do.
svnadmin recovery is running with the same error.

At the moment I even don´t know, if this is a Subversion or a Berkeley
DB issue.

Thanks a lot
Tobias

Re: Berkeley DB problem: resource temporary unavailable

Posted by Andrew Thompson <su...@aktzero.com>.
Tobias Schaller wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Problem solved: the repositories were copied onto an NFS filesystem. Now we
> are back on the old one and everything is working again.

If the admin really wants you off of the old partition, you could look
into the svnadmin dump/load commands. Create a new repository on the new
filesystem, specifying fsfs as the fs-type. dump the old repository to a
text file, then load it into the new one. Read the general caveats about
fsfs in the docs, but it would remove your dependancy on BDB and let
your repository live (happily?) on a NFS filesystem.

--
Andrew Thompson
http://aktzero.com/

Re: Berkeley DB problem: resource temporary unavailable

Posted by Tobias Schaller <To...@gmx.net>.
> > Quoting Tobias Schaller <to...@gmx.net>:
> >
> > > Dear all,
> > >
> > > We are using subversion 1.05 on Solaris 5.8. On Friday, we were moved
> > > a  new filesystem.
> > >
> > > When I tried to access the repositories, on every action I got the
> > > error:
> > > "svn: Berkeley DB error while opening environment for filesystem
> > > /home/qqsvn/repos/itk/db:
> > > Resource temporarily unavailable"
> > >
> > > Does anyone have an idea what to do.
> > > svnadmin recovery is running with the same error.
> > >
> > > At the moment I even don´t know, if this is a Subversion or a Berkeley
> > > DB issue.
> >
> > Did you move to a new machine, or just to a different harddrive?
> >
> > Did they update libraries on the box during this move?
> >
> > --
>
> Hello Andrew,
>
> As far as I know, our filesystem (just the repositories) was moved on to
> other disks (mountpoint is the same as before, same machine). Berkeley DB
> and Subverion itself are installed to /usr/local and were not directly
> affected.
>
> Best regards,
> Tobias

Hi all,

Problem solved: the repositories were copied onto an NFS filesystem. Now we
are back on the old one and everything is working again.

Thanks for the help
Tobias

--
DSL Komplett von GMX +++ Supergünstig und stressfrei einsteigen!
AKTION "Kein Einrichtungspreis" nutzen: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/dsl

Re: Berkeley DB problem: resource temporary unavailable

Posted by Tobias Schaller <To...@gmx.net>.

Posted by Andrew Thompson <su...@aktzero.com>.
Quoting Tobias Schaller <to...@gmx.net>:

> Dear all,
>
> We are using subversion 1.05 on Solaris 5.8. On Friday, we were moved to
> a  new filesystem.
>
> When I tried to access the repositories, on every action I got the
> error:
> "svn: Berkeley DB error while opening environment for filesystem
> /home/qqsvn/repos/itk/db:
> Resource temporarily unavailable"
>
> Does anyone have an idea what to do.
> svnadmin recovery is running with the same error.
>
> At the moment I even don´t know, if this is a Subversion or a Berkeley
> DB issue.

Did you move to a new machine, or just to a different harddrive?

Did they update libraries on the box during this move?

--
Andrew Thompson
http://aktzero.com/
Interested in hosted SVN repositories? Email me, let's talk...