Posted to dev@camel.apache.org by MeBigFatGuy <db...@apache.org> on 2008/06/10 03:14:13 UTC

Question about QuartzEndpoint.java

<code>
    @Override
    public QuartzExchange createExchange(ExchangePattern pattern) {
        return new QuartzExchange(getCamelContext(), pattern, null);
    }
</code>
<code>
    public QuartzExchange(CamelContext context, ExchangePattern pattern,
JobExecutionContext jobExecutionContext) {
        super(context, pattern);
        setIn(new QuartzMessage(this, jobExecutionContext));
    }
</code>
<code>
    public QuartzMessage(QuartzExchange exchange, JobExecutionContext
jobExecutionContext) {
        this.jobExecutionContext = jobExecutionContext;
        setExchange(exchange);
        setBody(jobExecutionContext.getJobDetail());
    }
</code>

looks to me that null in the first code block, gets passed down in the
QuartzMessage ctor, and is dereferenced there. Seems like it always creates
NPEs, to me.

Re: Question about QuartzEndpoint.java

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
2008/6/10 MeBigFatGuy <db...@apache.org>:

> <code>
>    @Override
>    public QuartzExchange createExchange(ExchangePattern pattern) {
>        return new QuartzExchange(getCamelContext(), pattern, null);
>    }
> </code>
> <code>
>    public QuartzExchange(CamelContext context, ExchangePattern pattern,
> JobExecutionContext jobExecutionContext) {
>        super(context, pattern);
>        setIn(new QuartzMessage(this, jobExecutionContext));
>    }
> </code>
> <code>
>    public QuartzMessage(QuartzExchange exchange, JobExecutionContext
> jobExecutionContext) {
>        this.jobExecutionContext = jobExecutionContext;
>        setExchange(exchange);
>        setBody(jobExecutionContext.getJobDetail());
>    }
> </code>
>
> looks to me that null in the first code block, gets passed down in the
> QuartzMessage ctor, and is dereferenced there. Seems like it always creates
> NPEs, to me.

Great catch! Patch applied with thanks
--
James