Posted to dev@pulsar.apache.org by Ali Ahmed <al...@gmail.com> on 2019/12/17 06:37:13 UTC

Github Action CI Migration Status

Github actions went live there have been some reported . am looking into
them. Here are the issues compiled below.

1) Some PR's are stuck and don't run github actions.

They are two reasons for these one they are not rebased with giithub
workflow changes.
They are markdown only changes in the pr this is an unexpected issue as I
excluded documentation only changes . This conflicts with required rule to
have a result from the job .
The fix is simple rebase old pr's and remove the documentation filter.

2) License check job always fails

There is simple reason for this maven has been upgraded to 3.6.2 in the
base image , license check is know to fail for that version I have build
custom github action task to downgrade the maven version.

Here is the pr https://github.com/apache/pulsar/pull/5874

3) General test stability

Nothing specific to github actions we can fine tune the test groups further
to optimize runs.

Re: Github Action CI Migration Status

Posted by Sijie Guo <gu...@gmail.com>.
I have requested INFRA to revert the change -
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-19545 and also pinged them in
the ASF Slack channel.

Please make sure any conversations happen on the mailing list first before
requesting INFRA changes in the future.

Thanks,
Sijie

Posted by Ali Ahmed <al...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sijie Guo <gu...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ali,

Posted by Ali Ahmed <al...@gmail.com>.
If some one is noticing specific issues please let me know I will fix them.

-Ali