Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Sy...@swisscom.com on 2002/11/05 17:01:35 UTC

XMLForm and textbox: how to protect

Hello,

In XMLForm, is it possible to protect the default value in a textbox against the user changes.
I want to display the field in the form (with the default value) but it shouldn't be possible to change the value of it.

Any idea?
Thank you
Sylvain

Re: XMLForm and textbox: how to protect

Posted by Mohamed El-Refaey <m....@imkenberg.de>.
Hallo Sylvain

I think the property of textbox to be uneditable by the user is not
supported in the  XMLForm ...
But  u can  --->  only make a getter method for this field without a
setter method in the model bean ... so if the user tried to change the
text box value actually it will not changed  .
But ofcourse it is aw orkaround solution not optimal  one

OR u can use that value as <xf:output>  label not a text box .

Hope it will help

Mohamed