Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by bh...@ThoughtWorks.com on 2001/01/04 22:19:50 UTC

JSP won't return anything if Tomcat 3.2.1 start as nobody.

jsp page return 404 if I start tomcat 3.2.1 as nobody.  If I start it as
root, jsp is fine.

what is going on?

Re: JSP won't return anything if Tomcat 3.2.1 start as nobody.

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <Cr...@eng.sun.com>.
bhkwan@ThoughtWorks.com wrote:

> jsp page return 404 if I start tomcat 3.2.1 as nobody.  If I start it as
> root, jsp is fine.
>
> what is going on?

First, this is a user question better served on TOMCAT-USER, not on TOMCAT-DEV
-- please do not cross post.

Second, the most likely explanation is your operating system permissions are not
set so that user "nobody" can read the files.

Craig McClanahan