Posted to dev@mahout.apache.org by Karl Wettin <ka...@gmail.com> on 2009/01/09 19:56:20 UTC

Inactivity

Hello Mahout,

sorry about my lack of activity, I've been extremely busy with life
and work as of the last months, prioritizing Lucene Java only.. I hope
you understand.

Isabel has been in touch with me and asked what happened with the 0.1-
release. I sort of got lost when my first attempt got too much
feedback but feel like I could give it a new try next weekend. I have
to read up on the posts regarding what has happend with the Ant-Maven
discusion, et c. Most important, are there any reason to why not to
create a new release candiate of the current trunk?

      karl

Re: Inactivity

Posted by Sean Owen <sr...@gmail.com>.
I'm fine with it. I don't know enough about maven to do it properly. I
would be happy to get used to whatever system is set up.

The only concern I have is that some bits in my taste-build file may
not translate into maven, right? Don't delete it, at least. Is this
where you end up having an Ant build file and integrating into maven
somehow -- that is, is it possible we will retain Ant files anyway for
special tasks? That would be fine by me for sure. If not, as long as
we can leave it, that's fine too.

Sean

Re: Inactivity

Posted by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org>.

Re: Inactivity

Posted by Isabel Drost <is...@apache.org>.

'---''(_/--'  `-'\_) (fL)  IM:  <xm...@spaceboyz.net>

Re: Inactivity

Posted by Kay Kay <ka...@gmail.com>.
Just my 2 cents. How about ivy, that provides automatic dependency
management while still co-existing in the Ant.

Re: Inactivity

Posted by Karl Wettin <ka...@gmail.com>.
I've been trying to set up the Maven dist thingy. It's working out
pretty good but I didn't manage to finish it up this weekend. I'll
keep working on it during the week and hope for a release candidate by
friday.

        karl

Re: Inactivity

Posted by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org>.

Re: Inactivity

Posted by Sean Owen <sr...@gmail.com>.
Done, I am not all that concerned about the duplication.

Re: Inactivity

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com>.
I'd go for 1) and open a JIRA that reminds us to figure out to refactor to remove or minimize code duplication.
With 2) this boolean-optimized option will be forgotten by others (other than by others)

Otis

Posted by Sean Owen <sr...@gmail.com>.

Re: Inactivity

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com>.