Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Vishal Santoshi <vi...@gmail.com> on 2019/06/04 18:41:07 UTC

Flink 1.8

I see tons of

org.apache.flink.runtime.executiongraph.ExecutionGraph        - Cannot
update accumulators for job 7bfe57bb0ed1c5c2f4f40c2fccaab50d.

java.lang.NullPointerException

https://github.com/apache/flink/blob/master/flink-runtime/src/main/java/org/apache/flink/runtime/executiongraph/ExecutionGraph.java#L1715

Not sure why it is tagged ERROR and the pipe does not abort or what this
implies.....

Re: Flink 1.8

Posted by Vishal Santoshi <vi...@gmail.com>.
Based on where this line of  code is, it is hard to get the full stack
trace, as in the

LOG.error("Cannot update accumulators for job {}.", getJobID(), e);

does not get us the full stack trace....

Though it is true that the Accumulator did not have a serialVersionUID.  I
would double check. I though would think this should not be a recoverable
error  ?

Re: Flink 1.8

Posted by Timothy Victor <vi...@gmail.com>.
It's hard to tell without more info.