Posted to dev@cassandra.apache.org by "Claude Warren, Jr via dev" <de...@cassandra.apache.org> on 2022/12/09 09:13:19 UTC

Review requested: Add downgradesstables

https://github.com/apache/cassandra/pull/2045

This is a work in progress and I am looking for some feedback.

This fix appears to work correctly. But I think the placement of the v3
directory is probably not the best and perhaps should be moved under the
db/compaction directory where the Downgrader code is.

Suggestions appreciated.
The changes are:

*added*

   - db/compaction/Downgrader
   - tools/StandAloneDowngrader
   - getNextsstableID to ColumnFamilyStore
   - DOWNGRADE_SSTABLES to OperationType
   - hasMaxCompressedLength to CompressionMetadata constructor and
   associated calls.
   - V3 to SSTableFormat.Type
   - added io/sstable/format/big/v3 directory containing BigFormatV3,
   BigTableReaderV3, BitTableScannerV3, BitTableWriterV3

*modified*

   - CompressionMetadata to skip output of maxCompressedLength if not
   supported

*notes*

   - io/sstable/format/big/v3 classes are the V3 classes modified as
   necessary to run within the V4 environment.

Re: Review requested: Add downgradesstables

Posted by Jacek Lewandowski <le...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

The feature looks useful to me

Could you add the pull request address to the ticket and summarize the
features it is going to provide?

Thank you,
Jacek Lewandowski