Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Raymond Gupta <ra...@gmail.com> on 2007/05/22 17:20:00 UTC

Problem debugging tomcat 5.5

Hi all,

I am trying to debug tomcat 5.5 using Eclipse + the Sysdeo plugin. I can
debug my webapps just fine, however, when trying to look at the tomcat
sources on the stack, I am running into issues.

Here is what I have done so far (Windows XP SP2)
- Downloaded Tomcat 5.5 sources
- Downloaded Ant 1.7
- Built Tomcat
- Pointed Eclipse Sysdeo to the tomcat-src\build\build directory for running
tomcat
- Ran my webapp with a breakpoint which breaks fine.
- When I try and load one of the tomcat methods on the stack trace, eclipse
asks me to point it to the catalina.jar file. I do that, but Eclipse still
cannot load the sources. It gives me the following message:
"The source attachment does not contain the source for the file
StandardWrapper.class. You can change the source attachment by clicking
Change Attached Source below:"

- When I click on the button, it brings up a dialog box that is looking for
a .jar or .zip file. I tried pointing it to the catalina.jar file again, the
folder where the jar file is, the actual StandardWrapper.java file, the
folder where the java source is, but neither of those work.

Anyone run into this and have any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks.