Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by "K.A.Hussain Ali" <Hu...@photoninfotech.com> on 2005/12/29 11:10:31 UTC

"Out of Memory Error"

HI stefan and folks

As mentioned in my previous mails i still do get an "Out of memory error"
While updating the db with say 10k Urls like.

I even have only this application in my tomcat server.
and i even set JAVA_OPTS -Xmx to 1024m and even tried the other things mentioned in
the mailing list but i cant find out any reason for this error.

Do Nutch has any contraints over the fetch and update of URL's ?
Is there anything that is not garbage collected automatically ?

In order to fetch Pages without error i just reduced the number of threads in the Nutch-site.xml to 2 and increased the http.max.retry to 5 and also increased the http.timeout value.

Do this has anything to do with the error?

What else should i check for to eliminate this. ?

Any help is greatly appreciated
Thanks in advance
regards
-Hussain.