Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Amit Badheka <am...@direct2s.com> on 2002/12/19 13:48:46 UTC

monkey tree problem

Hi All,

I have a requirement to generate the tree structure from the collection object.

right now I am using the monkey tree to generate the tree structure for the same.

The tree is generating fine. But, the problem is that I want to catch the click event i.e. which node is clicked so that I can get the node name that is clicked.

Is anybody is using monkey tree?

please help me to resolve this problem, also if there is any alternate option let me know.

thanks a lot,

Amit Badheka.

Re: monkey tree problem

Posted by JONATHAN PHILIP HOLLOWAY <jp...@aber.ac.uk>.
I'm using Monkey Tree but I can't seem to get it to work under Struts 1.1,
which version are you using it under at present?  If it's 1.1 could you give
me a few pointers on how you got it working or mail me the war file if
that's not being too cheeky : )

Jon.

Re: monkey tree problem

Posted by Affan Qureshi <qu...@etilize.com>.
Are you talking about JavaScript click event here? The names of the buttons
are generated using the nesting scheme like:
name="bean1.nestedBean1.nestedBean2.button1". Or if they are indexed (in an
array) it uses the array syntax like
name="bean1.beanColl[2].nestedBeanColl[4].button1".

Have you tried using the onclick attribute of the <nested:submit> tag. You
can pass this button into the JavaScript function and use the above scheme
to know which button was clicked.

Is there a way you can accomplish the same functionality (like the
monkey-tree example v2) by making the bean request-scoped?

Affan