Posted to common-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Amir Sanjar <v1...@us.ibm.com> on 2012/03/06 14:51:17 UTC

Hadoop on non x86 systems

Hi all,
My team is actively involve in porting Hadoop 1.0.x to IBM POWER
architecture, that of course includes building
Hadoop 1.0 using IBM JAVA 6. So to start I have following questions:
1) How hadoop-common supports multi architecture builds?
     If it doesn't , we have a proposal, what is the process to submit a
proposal?
2) What is the process to become a contributor?
3) When is the next hadoop conference?

Best Regards
Amir Sanjar

Linux System Management Architect and Lead
IBM Senior Software Engineer
Phone# 512-286-8393
Fax#      512-838-8858

Re: Hadoop on non x86 systems

Posted by Matt Foley <mf...@hortonworks.com>.
To become a contributor, an individual must fax in the ICLA (Individual
Contributor License Agreement) which can be found at
http://www.apache.org/licenses/icla.txt .  When your name shows up on the
web page at http://people.apache.org/committer-index.html#unlistedclas then
your ICLA has been registered, and you can have your name added to the
appropriate Jira projects so you can submit patches.

IBM is a Gold Sponsor of the Apache Software Foundation, so they have
already signed the CCLA (Corporate Contributor License Agreement), but each
individual contributor must also sign the ICLA.

Best regards,
--Matt

Re: Hadoop on non x86 systems