Posted to common-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Allen Wittenauer <aw...@effectivemachines.com> on 2017/03/27 23:01:03 UTC

Review request for HADOOP-14202

Hey gang.

	Could I get a quick review of HADOOP-14202?  This changes  a few things:

	* Makes the rest of the _USER vars consistent with the other changes in trunk (e.g., HADOOP_SECURE_DN_USER becomes HDFS_DATANODE_SECURE_USER)
	* deprecation warnings as necessary
	* cleans up more of the privileged code handling, adding more unit tests in the process
	* Optimizes a ton of code out of hadoop, mapred, hdfs, and yarn now that the jsvc vars are treated similarly across all four sub projects
	* Fixes quite a few shellcheck errors by adding shellcheck source lines
	* doc updates to reflect above

Thanks.

Re: Review request for HADOOP-14202

Posted by John Zhuge <jo...@gmail.com>.
Sure Allen. I will help.

On Mon, Mar 27, 2017 at 4:01 PM, Allen Wittenauer <aw...@effectivemachines.com>
wrote:

> Hey gang.
>
>         Could I get a quick review of HADOOP-14202?  This changes  a few
> things:
>
>         * Makes the rest of the _USER vars consistent with the other
> changes in trunk (e.g., HADOOP_SECURE_DN_USER becomes
> HDFS_DATANODE_SECURE_USER)
>         * deprecation warnings as necessary
>         * cleans up more of the privileged code handling, adding more unit
> tests in the process
>         * Optimizes a ton of code out of hadoop, mapred, hdfs, and yarn
> now that the jsvc vars are treated similarly across all four sub projects
>         * Fixes quite a few shellcheck errors by adding shellcheck source
> lines
>         * doc updates to reflect above
>

> Thanks.

John