Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by "Saccoccio, Jesse" <je...@simulti.com> on 2001/02/15 22:38:14 UTC

adding producers

I am having the worst problem with configuring a producer that I wrote it
keeps telling me that the class is not found.  For testing purposes I
created a producer that is identical to the DummyProducer and compiled it as
myProducer.  I go it in its own package com.xxx then I jar'd the package and
placed in my %TOMCAT_HOME%/lib directory and made the appropriate changes to
the cocoon.properties file.  After producer.type.dummy =
org.apache.cocoon.example.DummyProducer, I added a line for my producer,
producer.type.myprod = com.xxx.myProducer. I have triple checked spelling
everything I cannot find a mistake.  Also while testing the dilema, I
swapped the class name under the produer.type.dummy to be com.xxx.myProducer
and that didn't I work, I also did the opposite under producer.type.myprod I
but the org.apache.cocoon.example.DummyProducer code that failed as well.
Is there sometype of setting that I am missing for configuring a producer.
The only place I have made changes was under cocoon.properties.

Thanks,

Jesse Saccoccio

Re: adding producers

Posted by Carl Mace <mc...@ist4.co.umist.ac.uk>.
I see that you are having the same sort of proble that I am having.

Can I ask, have you got the Dummy Producer that they give to work.
If so how?

I can't seem to compile it.  What jar files do I need to set in my
CLASSPATH.

I don't want to wory about placing it in a jar file myself yet, all i want
it the Dummy one to work.

How do I call the producer once I have made it (the url)

Thanx