Posted to marketing@openoffice.apache.org by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org> on 2013/05/09 19:14:21 UTC

Draft Blog Post: Results of Apache OpenOffice 4.0 Logo Survey

https://blogs.apache.org/preview/OOo/?previewEntry=results_of_apache_openoffice_4

I was able to get comments from each designer except from Chris R (no
contact info available) and Robin (no response to emails).

Regards,

-Rob

Re: Draft Blog Post: Results of Apache OpenOffice 4.0 Logo Survey

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.
Rob Weir wrote:
> https://blogs.apache.org/preview/OOo/?previewEntry=results_of_apache_openoffice_4
> I was able to get comments from each designer except from Chris R (no
> contact info available)

Assuming it was submitted through the wiki, any cwiki administrator
(like Dave) will be able to extract at least the e-mail address. This is
important not only for attribution, but also because we will very likely
want all design elements in vector format.

Regards,
   Andrea.

Re: Draft Blog Post: Results of Apache OpenOffice 4.0 Logo Survey

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.

Posted by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>.
On Thu, May 9, 2013 at 2:56 PM, Donald Whytock <dw...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, May 9, 2013 at 2:20 PM, Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> The above steps could take a week, or if you have any comments in the
>> current draft, best to send them along via email.
>

> Kevin Grignon's paragraph:
> "submissions where enhanced" -> "submissions were enhanced", though this is
> from a designer's quote
>
> Michael Acevedo's paragraph:
> "and find ways to improve" -> "and finding ways to improve"
> or
> "and ways to improve"
> or
> "and how to improve"
>
> Suggestion:
> "design is from Robin Fowler, takes" -> "design from Robin Fowler takes"

Thanks.  I made those changes.

-Rob

Posted by Donald Whytock <dw...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>.
On Thu, May 9, 2013 at 1:22 PM, Donald Whytock <dw...@apache.org> wrote:
> Couple minor typos...Is there anything I need to do to get access to the
> blogs page?  Is it something other than my Apache ID?

1) Start a new thread and propose your self as a blog editor.  If
there are no objections after 72-hours then you have "lazy consensus"

2) Open a JIRA issue with Infra asking to be set up with a Roller
account.  They'll want your Apache ID and a link to the thread where
you received lazy consensus.

3) Once your Roller account is set up then you need to ask an admin
for our blog (Marcus or Dave) to add you as an editor

The above steps could take a week, or if you have any comments in the
current draft, best to send them along via email.

Reference:

http://openoffice.apache.org/pmc-faqs.html#blog

and

http://www.apache.org/dev/infra-contact#what-we-need-to-know