Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Jeryl Cook <tw...@gmail.com> on 2008/10/30 12:28:38 UTC

Max Number of Facets

is there a limit on the number of facets that i can create in
Solr?(dynamically generated facets.)

--
Jeryl Cook
/^\ Pharaoh /^\
American People, September 20, 2001

Re: Max Number of Facets

Posted by Jeryl Cook <tw...@gmail.com>.
I understand what you mean..I am building a system that will
dynammically generate facets which could possible be thousands , but
at most about 6 or 7 facets will be returned using a facet ranking
algorithm ....so I get what you mean if I request in my query that I
want 1000 faets back compared to just 6 or 7 i could take a
performance hit..

American People, September 20, 2001

Re: Max Number of Facets

Posted by Jeryl Cook <tw...@gmail.com>.
wow ,30k in under 3 seconds

American People, September 20, 2001

Re: Max Number of Facets

Posted by Stephen Weiss <sw...@stylesight.com>.

Re: Max Number of Facets

Posted by Ryan McKinley <ry...@gmail.com>.

Re: Max Number of Facets

Posted by Yonik Seeley <yo...@apache.org>.
On Thu, Oct 30, 2008 at 7:28 AM, Jeryl Cook <tw...@gmail.com> wrote:
> is there a limit on the number of facets that i can create in
> Solr?(dynamically generated facets.)

Not really, It's practically limited by CPU and memory, which can vary
widely with what the facet fields look like (number of unique terms,
if it's multi-valued, etc).

-Yonik