Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Luca Arzeni <l....@iname.com> on 2015/06/03 14:39:10 UTC

Tapestry 5.3.7 - best way to customize Grid Pager

Hi,
I'm using Tapestry5 (5.3.7), and bootstrap for reponsive layout.

I'using tapestry5 grid component, and I would linke to customize the pager to have a html list (ul/li) of links to jump to search result pages and not a simple list of links as produced by t5 native GridPager component.

AFAIK, I cannot change the GridPager since is a private component of "org.apache.tapestry5.corelib.components.Grid"

@Component(parameters = { "source=dataSource", "rowsPerPage=rowsPerPage", "currentPage=currentPage", "zone=zone" })
private GridPager pager;

Ideally I would like to write a custom pager and contribute it to t5 grid but it seems to be impossible.

May I ask you what is the best way to accomplish this goal?

Am I forced to create a custom Grid component?

Thanks,
larzeni

Re: Tapestry 5.3.7 - best way to customize Grid Pager

Posted by Lance Java <la...@googlemail.com>.
In my opinion the grid is trying to do a bit too much. It's a nice way to
quickly get started but you often need to reactor to a custom table.

It's possibly worth considering a more override friendly grid version 2.
The current implementation is hard to set custom html attributes (td/tr).
Customising headers is hard if you want to keep sorting behaviour. Etc etc.

Re: Tapestry 5.3.7 - best way to customize Grid Pager

Posted by Luca Arzeni <l....@iname.com>.
Hi Dimitris,
indeed I would like to go with the release 5.4, but I need to release to our customer at the end of june, and I have no clue of the release date of t5.4.

So I'm stuck with 5.3.7/5.3.8

Thanks,
larzeni

Posted by Dimitris Zenios <di...@gmail.com>.