Posted to c-users@xalan.apache.org by Dvir Ofek <dv...@ScreenPeaks.com> on 2002/12/03 09:37:29 UTC

Transforming a node

Hi
Is it possible to transform only a single node rather than a full document?
If I need to transform only a single node must I build a new document
containing that node?

Cheers
Dvir Ofek

Re: Transforming a node

Posted by David N Bertoni/Cambridge/IBM <da...@us.ibm.com>.

That depends on what you mean.  You can build the smallest source tree that
you need, depending on what your stylesheet is trying to do.  Hoever, there
must at least be a root node (the document), and it must have at least one
element child.

So, it's certainly possible to build a tree that represents a fragment of
an XML document, as long as you write your stylesheet with that in mind.

Dave

                      Dvir Ofek
                      <dvir@ScreenPeak         To:      "Xalan-C-Users@Xml. Apache. Org (E-mail)" <xa...@xml.apache.org>
                      s.com>                   cc:      (bcc: David N Bertoni/Cambridge/IBM)
                                               Subject: Transforming a node
                      12/03/2002 12:37
                      AM