Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by 罗时飞 <lu...@yuchengtech.com> on 2007/09/24 03:26:20 UTC

答复: could two tomcat servers have mutual authentication?

Can you refer the Chinese book named 《Agile Acegi、CAS-Architecting and
Developing Secure Java Systems》 written by me?

Thx.

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
quanxin zhu wrote:
> Could you explain it in detail?

You have written the code to call a web service. You need to write
additional code to pass a certificate.

> where could I find the instruction to modify the code to implement this
> function?

Goggle woudl be a good place to start.

> I have another questions, when navigate a servlet using browser, the tomcat
> server could trasfer the certification to browser automatically,
> why cannot it transfer the certification to other tomcat servers for
> authentication?

Because in Tomcat to browser communciation Tomcat is acting as the
server and Tomcat includes code to pass the certificate to the client in
this case.

When you write a servlet that calls a web service, your servlet is
acting as a client and you have to hand code the SSL aspects in the same
way as every other aspect of the web service client.

Mark

答复: ??: could two tomcat servers have mutual authentication?

Posted by 罗时飞 <lu...@yuchengtech.com>.
Yes, you are right, this is what my book used. :-)

Posted by quanxin zhu <qu...@gmail.com>.
Let me post the solution:

Posted by quanxin zhu <qu...@gmail.com>.
ok, I know.

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.

Re: 答复: could two tomcat servers have mutual authentication?

Posted by quanxin zhu <qu...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for your reply

Could you explain it in detail?

where could I find the instruction to modify the code to implement this
function?

Any suggestion?

I have another questions, when navigate a servlet using browser, the tomcat
server could trasfer the certification to browser automatically,
why cannot it transfer the certification to other tomcat servers for
authentication?

zhu quan xin

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.

Posted by quanxin zhu <qu...@gmail.com>.