Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Aleksander Slominski <as...@cs.indiana.edu> on 2003/01/14 11:20:59 UTC

[wsif] building JCA providers with J2EE by GUMP [Re: [GUMP] Build Failure - xml-axis-wsif]

Sam Ruby wrote:

> piotrp@ca.ibm.com wrote:
> > Sam, to fix the xml-axis-wsif project build, the connector.jar needs
> > to be replaced with j2ee.jar (version 1.3 or 1.3.1). While I could
> > change scripts to use j2ee.jar as binary dependency for gump build
> > (being wsif comitter), I do not know how to add this jar so it is
> > available during the build. Could you please let me know what is the
> > right way to handle that (and dependency addition in general).
>
> I tried some experimentation.  It looks like the following change is
> required to wsif's build.xml:
>
> -    <exclude name="**/wsif/**/jca/**/*.java"/>
> +    <exclude name="**/wsif/**/jca/**/*.java" unless="j2c.present"/>

hi Sam,

i have looked on this and there is no need for this change in WSIF
build.xml as there is already a separate target that compiles JCA files
conditionally and creates new jar file for just j2c (link_extra target
that uses patternset id="j2c.source.files").

however still JCA samples building is disabled now until we get J2EE
dependency resolved. you would need to uncomment <!--antcall
target="samples_j2c"/--> to check how it fails - please do this.

thanks,

alek

--
"Mr. Pauli, we in the audience are all agreed that your theory is crazy.
What divides us is whether it is crazy enough to be true." Niels H. D. Bohr