Posted to solr-commits@lucene.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2006/12/01 22:11:01 UTC

[Solr Wiki] Update of "TaskList" by HossMan

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Solr Wiki" for change notification.

The following page has been changed by HossMan:
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/TaskList

  This is a "short term" list of things people think of that need to be done before we can have our first official release.  [http://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html This guide] should also be consulted for more info.

-  * write a Release HOWTO wiki documenting all of hte steps to making a release ... ideally this should mainly be stuff about validating the release, signing it, and pushing it out to the mirrors ... any mindless command execution that winds up being listed in the HOWTO should be added to the build.xml
+  * [in progress: HowToRelease] write a Release HOWTO wiki documenting all of hte steps to making a release ... ideally this should mainly be stuff about validating the release, signing it, and pushing it out to the mirrors ... any mindless command execution that winds up being listed in the HOWTO should be added to the build.xml
+  * ant has a built in [http://ant.apache.org/manual/CoreTasks/checksum.html checksum task] that can be used to make our checksome files as part of the "package" target so people dont' have to do it manually as an extra step.
   * [DONE] ensure all files have liscence info (Yonik started this, is it finished?)
   * [DONE] verify that NOTICE file is up to snuff
   * [DONE] the META-INF of all jars/wars we produce need to include our LICENSE and NOTICE files