Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by dan <da...@gmail.com> on 2019/05/01 17:38:56 UTC

[DISCUSS] KIP-465: Add Consolidated Connector Endpoint to Connect REST API

The intent of this KIP is to add a consolidate endpoint to connect that
gives consumers of the api a one stop shop for all their connector info
needs.

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/KIP-465%3A+Add+Consolidated+Connector+Endpoint+to+Connect+REST+API

thanks,
dan

Re: [DISCUSS] KIP-465: Add Consolidated Connector Endpoint to Connect REST API

Posted by Randall Hauch <rh...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the KIP, Dan! This is a simple change that will make it easier
to get the status of all of the connectors running in a Connect cluster,
and I like the approach of adding a query parameter to the existing
`connectors/` resource to be backward compatible and to avoid introducing
another resource.

The only minor suggestion I might offer is to highlight that the
ConnectorStateInfo is the same structure returned by the existing
`connectors/{name}/status` resource.

Otherwise, this looks good to me.

Randall