Posted to dev@allura.apache.org by Cory Johns <jo...@gmail.com> on 2013/08/23 00:21:53 UTC

Release 1.0.0

We've done a couple of back-and-forths on the 1.0.0 release candidate now,
and I think the current release up at
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/allura/ should address the
concerns raised thus far.

This will be our first ASF release, so it would be great to see everyone
who's been involved, everyone on the list, offer their feedback, even if
just a +1 vote, binding or otherwise.

PMCs, mentors, et al.: Have we got our ducks in a row?  Is there anything
else we can do to ensure our first release goes smoothly?

Re: Release 1.0.0

Posted by Tim Van Steenburgh <tv...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)

Re: Release 1.0.0

Posted by Wayne Witzel III <ww...@gmail.com>.
The only thing I am not sure about is if we have properly met the "Release Documentation" requirement?

http://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html#best-practice-documentation

Is our CHANGES file enough for that? Or are users expecting a RELEASE_NOTES as well?

--
Wayne Witzel III (@wwitzel3)
wwitzel3@gmail.com

Re: Release 1.0.0

Posted by Rick Copeland <ri...@arborian.com>.
+1

Congrats!

Re: Release 1.0.0

Posted by Peter Hartmann <ma...@gmail.com>.

Re: Release 1.0.0

Posted by Dave Brondsema <da...@brondsema.net>.
I appended my signature to
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/allura/allura-incubating-1.0.0.tar.gz.asc
using instructions from http://www.apache.org/dev/release-signing.html#sign-release

--
Dave Brondsema : dave@brondsema.net
http://www.brondsema.net : personal

Re: Release 1.0.0

Posted by Simone Gatti <si...@gmail.com>.
+1 binding

Re: Release 1.0.0

Posted by Roberto Galoppini <ro...@gmail.com>.

Re: Release 1.0.0

Posted by Dave Brondsema <da...@brondsema.net>.

Re: Release 1.0.0

Posted by Cory Johns <jo...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)

Re: Release 1.0.0

Posted by Daniel Hinojosa <dh...@slashdotmedia.com>.
+1

Re: Release 1.0.0

Posted by Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com>.

Re: Release 1.0.0

Posted by Chris Tsai <ct...@slashdotmedia.com>.
Perhaps the README file should to be tweaked? Currently, its install instructions indicate obtaining latest source via git, instead of how to install the versioned release they just downloaded.

--
Chris Tsai
SourceForge.net Support

Re: Release 1.0.0