Posted to dev@vcl.apache.org by Mark Gardner <mk...@vt.edu> on 2011/08/12 22:20:56 UTC

How to contribute documentation?

I attempted to edit
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/VCL/VMware+Configuration to show
how to use ssh-copy-id in the place of a sequence of commands to configure
ESXi to use SSH identity key authentication but my regular Apache username
and password don't seem to work. Thinking that Confluence is a separate
authentication domain, I tried to create an account but was told that a user
by that name already exists so obviously authentication isn't separate.

How do I contribute to the documentation?

Mark

--
Mark Gardner

Re: How to contribute documentation?

Posted by Mark Gardner <mk...@vt.edu>.
I thought I had done that. I am in now. Thanks

Mark

On Mon, Aug 15, 2011 at 11:04 AM, Aaron Peeler <aa...@ncsu.edu>wrote:

> Hi Mark,
>
> Actually you already have the CLA on file and you were included on the
> original committer list when VCL was accepted into incubation.  So you
> have the paperwork in place to start becoming an active committer.
>
> Do you recall if you created an account in confluence? At one point
> over the past year or so ASF did migrate to ldap authentication. I
> don't think it included confluence, but might have.
>
> Did you try the "Forgot your password?"  on the confluence page to
> reset your password?
>
> Aaron
>

> On Mon, Aug 15, 2011 at 10:35 AM, Alan D. Cabrera <li...@toolazydogs.com>
> wrote:
> > Yay!  I think that you have to sign and submit a CLA and you're good.
> >

> > Regards,
> > Alan
> >
> > On Aug 12, 2011, at 1:20 PM, Mark Gardner wrote:
> >
> >> I attempted to edit
> >> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/VCL/VMware+Configuration to
> show
> >> how to use ssh-copy-id in the place of a sequence of commands to
> configure
> >> ESXi to use SSH identity key authentication but my regular Apache
> username
> >> and password don't seem to work. Thinking that Confluence is a separate
> >> authentication domain, I tried to create an account but was told that a
> user
> >> by that name already exists so obviously authentication isn't separate.
> >>
> >> How do I contribute to the documentation?
> >>
> >> Mark
> >>
> >> --
> >> Mark Gardner
> >> --