Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by gasius <na...@combalt.com> on 2012/04/02 13:58:40 UTC

Cellar config synchronization

Hello,

can anyone explain how cellar configuration synchronization
works? I installed SMX karaf + cellar on my server. Now I connect to
the 1st instance and type such commands:

1) config:edit org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn
2) config:propset test 111
3) config:update

After that I check file org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.cfg in the 1st
instance's etc directory and see that new record "test = 111"
appeared. Then I connect to the 2nd instance's console (same cellar
group) and enter such commands:

1) config:edit org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn
2) config:proplist

I see "test = 111" in the list but when I check physical file etc/
org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.cfg of my 2nd instance I can not see test
property. Then I perform one more test entering such commands in 2nd
instance's console:

1) config:edit org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn
2) config:propdel test
3) config:update

Now I can not see test property using console of any karaf instance
but in physical file etc/org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.cfg of 1st karaf
instance property still exists. So can someone explain how
synchronization of configuration works and why physical property files
are not updated?

Re: Cellar config synchronization

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
It should if the "initial" config came from a file (as the config:*
commands do).

Regards
JB

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: Cellar config synchronization

Posted by Ioannis Canellos <io...@gmail.com>.
Persisting the configuration to files is a task that is done by the config
commands during the execution of config:update.
Cellar is just using the config admin apis to update the configuration but
I don't recall having cellar also persist those changes.

Maybe its a good idea to also add this functionality.

*Ioannis Canellos*
*
FuseSource <http://fusesource.com>

**

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi,

Could you try to use cluster:config-* commands ?

By default the config is sync, and only cellar config is blacklisted.

Could you check if you see something special in the log ?

Regards
JB

On 04/02/2012 01:58 PM, gasius wrote:
> Hello,
>
> can anyone explain how cellar configuration synchronization
> works? I installed SMX karaf + cellar on my server. Now I connect to
> the 1st instance and type such commands:
>
> 1) config:edit org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn
> 2) config:propset test 111
> 3) config:update
>
> After that I check file org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.cfg in the 1st
> instance's etc directory and see that new record "test = 111"
> appeared. Then I connect to the 2nd instance's console (same cellar
> group) and enter such commands:
>
> 1) config:edit org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn
> 2) config:proplist
>
> I see "test = 111" in the list but when I check physical file etc/
> org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.cfg of my 2nd instance I can not see test
> property. Then I perform one more test entering such commands in 2nd
> instance's console:
>
> 1) config:edit org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn
> 2) config:propdel test
> 3) config:update
>
> Now I can not see test property using console of any karaf instance
> but in physical file etc/org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.cfg of 1st karaf
> instance property still exists. So can someone explain how
> synchronization of configuration works and why physical property files
> are not updated?

Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org
http://blog.nanthrax.net