Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Sidney Markowitz <si...@sidney.com> on 2016/06/08 12:21:14 UTC

Moderation on this mailing list

I'm one of the moderators of this mailing list.
I'm also one of those thin-skinned "hypersensible" people who don't want to
see rudeness and insults on the list.
However I don't want to have to judge whether one person is being too rude to
bear and another not quite, or to weigh one person's helpful posts against
their flamewar posts.

So here are the rules I'm going to try.

This is the SpamAssassin users mailing list. Discussions related to
SpamAssassin are fine. Rudely insulting someone, even if they are as
frustrating stupid as you claim is off topic. Telling someone how rude they
are is off topic. Explaining how someone's apparent rudeness was just an
innocent mistake caused by a culture difference in how they write their name
is off topic. Complaining that someone should do something about the off topic
messages or we should all stay on topic is off topic.

Please only post messages here that are on topic. Please only include only on
topic content in your on topic messages, no extra remarks, insults or otherwise.

The only tool I really have available is to place people under moderation so
that mail they send to the list is held up until it is either approved or
dropped. If I use that tool on someone there will be a time delay in their
on-topic mail showing up on the list because I don't hover over the moderation
queue 24/7.

Please keep this list on topic and make this work.

Any comments about this, send to users-owner@spamassassin.apache.org not to
the list itself, as any such comments would be off topic for this list.

Thanks,

 Sidney
 users-owner@spamassassin.apache.org

Re: Moderation on this mailing list

Posted by Michael Grimm <tr...@ellael.org>.
Michael Grimm <tr...@ellael.org> wrote:

>> users-owner@spamassassin.apache.org

Sorry, bad mistake, should have gone this address instead.

Regards,
Michael

Re: Moderation on this mailing list

Posted by Michael Grimm <tr...@ellael.org>.
Sidney Markowitz <si...@sidney.com> wrote:

> I'm one of the moderators of this mailing list.
[…]
> So here are the rules I'm going to try.
[…]
> Any comments about this, send to users-owner@spamassassin.apache.org not to
> the list itself, as any such comments would be off topic for this list.

I really appreciate this! Well phrased.

Thank you and with kind regards,
Michael