Posted to dev@hive.apache.org by Srinivas Thunga <sr...@gmail.com> on 2015/02/11 12:24:31 UTC

Hive 0.14

Hi,

I am working on Hive 0.14 version. Where i am able to delete and update the
records.

But while insert with selected columns like,

Insert into table table1(col1,col2) select col1,col2 from table2 where
table1.id = table2.id

These type of query, i am getting error.

As per the jira help, i am trying execute the patch as HIVE-9481.4.patch
and HIVE-9481.2.patch

but i am facing issues are,

[cloudera@quickstart sri]$ patch -p0 < HIVE-9481.2.patch
(Stripping trailing CRs from patch.)
Perhaps you used the wrong -p or --strip option?
The text leading up to this was:
--------------------------
|diff --git ql/src/java/org/apache/hadoop/hive/ql/parse/HiveParser.g
ql/src/java/org/apache/hadoop/hive/ql/parse/HiveParser.g
|index 9c7603c..b4c0ba6 100644
|--- ql/src/java/org/apache/hadoop/hive/ql/parse/HiveParser.g
|+++ ql/src/java/org/apache/hadoop/hive/ql/parse/HiveParser.g
--------------------------
File to patch: HIVE-9481.2.patch
patching file HIVE-9481.2.patch
Hunk #1 FAILED at 2216.
1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file HIVE-9481.2.patch.rej
(Stripping trailing CRs from patch.)
Perhaps you used the wrong -p or --strip option?
The text leading up to this was:
--------------------------
|diff --git ql/src/java/org/apache/hadoop/hive/ql/parse/QBMetaData.java
ql/src/java/org/apache/hadoop/hive/ql/parse/QBMetaData.java
|index e8f3284..33c2f18 100644
|--- ql/src/java/org/apache/hadoop/hive/ql/parse/QBMetaData.java
|+++ ql/src/java/org/apache/hadoop/hive/ql/parse/QBMetaData.java

Please help me in step by step in apply patch in hive to solve the above
issue

Thanks in advance

*Thanks & Regards,*

*Srinivas T*

Re: Hive 0.14

Posted by Eugene Koifman <ek...@hortonworks.com>.
I’ve only tested this in current trunk where this will be checked in.  Your query should definitely work in trunk.  You can look at examples in .q files included in patch 5 for examples, though your query should work in patch 4 as well.  Based on your mail, the patch doesn’t apply cleanly to 0.14 code base. I wasn’t planning to backport this so like Alan said, trying this on trunk would be much easier.

From: Alan Gates <al...@gmail.com>>
Date: Wednesday, February 11, 2015 at 8:54 AM
To: "dev@hive.apache.org<ma...@hive.apache.org>" <de...@hive.apache.org>>
Subject: Re: Fwd: Hive 0.14

The patches on HIVE-9481 are built from trunk rather than Hive 0.14, so the easiest option is to apply them to that code base.  If that isn't an option, you will have to look at the .rej files created by the patch command and figure out how to apply the change by hand.

Also, Eugene has posted a new version of the patch that fixes some issues in the previous versions that you may want to try out.

Alan.

[cid:part1.02030505.01050805@gmail.com]
Srinivas Thunga<ma...@gmail.com>
February 11, 2015 at 3:26
Hi,

I am working on Hive 0.14 version. Where i am able to delete and update the
records.

But while insert with selected columns like,

Insert into table table1(col1,col2) select col1,col2 from table2 where
table1.id = table2.id

These type of query, i am getting error.

As per the jira help, i am trying execute the patch as HIVE-9481.4.patch
and HIVE-9481.2.patch

but i am facing issues are,

[cloudera@quickstart sri]$ patch -p0 < HIVE-9481.2.patch
(Stripping trailing CRs from patch.)
Perhaps you used the wrong -p or --strip option?
The text leading up to this was:
--------------------------
|diff --git ql/src/java/org/apache/hadoop/hive/ql/parse/HiveParser.g
ql/src/java/org/apache/hadoop/hive/ql/parse/HiveParser.g
|index 9c7603c..b4c0ba6 100644
|--- ql/src/java/org/apache/hadoop/hive/ql/parse/HiveParser.g
|+++ ql/src/java/org/apache/hadoop/hive/ql/parse/HiveParser.g
--------------------------
File to patch: HIVE-9481.2.patch
patching file HIVE-9481.2.patch
Hunk #1 FAILED at 2216.
1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file HIVE-9481.2.patch.rej
(Stripping trailing CRs from patch.)
Perhaps you used the wrong -p or --strip option?
The text leading up to this was:
--------------------------
|diff --git ql/src/java/org/apache/hadoop/hive/ql/parse/QBMetaData.java
ql/src/java/org/apache/hadoop/hive/ql/parse/QBMetaData.java
|index e8f3284..33c2f18 100644
|--- ql/src/java/org/apache/hadoop/hive/ql/parse/QBMetaData.java
|+++ ql/src/java/org/apache/hadoop/hive/ql/parse/QBMetaData.java

Please help me in step by step in apply patch in hive to solve the above
issue

Thanks in advance

*Thanks & Regards,*

*Srinivas T*