Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by Vishwas Bm <bm...@gmail.com> on 2020/10/09 14:20:07 UTC

Ignite IPv6 support

Hi,

We are using ignite on K8s environment. Now we wanted to move to a K8s
environment with ipv6 support.

But I read in below document that ignite has some issues on IPv6 cluster:
https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/network-config

May I know what are the challenges or issues that are seen with Ignite on
an IPv6 enabled cluster ?

*Thanks & Regards,*

*Vishwas *

Re: Ignite IPv6 support

Posted by Andrey Mashenkov <an...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

As far as I know Ignite can't work with IPv6 on Mac devices.
Also, we have a ticket related to K8s with IPv6. The ticket had a patch and
likely being fixed in one of future releases.
Please, find known issues in jira [1].

Ignite is not tested well in IPv6 environment and any help here will be
appreciated.

[1]
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-13204?jql=project%20%3D%20IGNITE%20AND%20resolution%20%3D%20Unresolved%20AND%20text%20~%20%22ipv6%22

--