Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Rich Duzenbury <rd...@theduz.com> on 2002/08/18 06:24:32 UTC

guide pdf documentation

Hello list,

Does anyone have a working link to a pdf version (mod_perl 1.27) of the
guide?  Found one in the archives that no longer works...

I tried cvs'ing the data and doing the build deal referenced on
perl.apache.org, but I'm missing something as I get an error from
DocSet/Util.pm.  It's trying to load Template.pm on line 13, but I don't
have a Template.pm on my system anywhere.

Seems to me this should be right in plain sight, but it's late here.

Thank you.

Regards,
Rich

Re: guide pdf documentation

Posted by Rich Duzenbury <rd...@theduz.com>.
Thanks.  I didn't see the [pdf] button!

>>I tried cvs'ing the data and doing the build deal referenced on
>>perl.apache.org, but I'm missing something as I get an error from
>>DocSet/Util.pm.  It's trying to load Template.pm on line 13, but I don't
>>have a Template.pm on my system anywhere.
>
>Because you miss the prerequisites. Template Toolkit is one of them. You
>need to install DocSet which will tell you what the prerequisites are.
>I'll release it on CPAN shortly. Meanwhile you can grab it from here:
>http://apache.org/~stas/DocSet-0.14.tar.gz

Umm, I did install DocSet.  Otherwise, how could I have gotten an error
from DocSet/Util.pm?  It was late for me, perhaps I missed seeing some
error message?   I'll try it again when I have more time.

Thanks.

Regards,
Rich

Re: guide pdf documentation

Posted by allan juul <la...@inet.uni2.dk>.
Quoting Rich Duzenbury <rd...@theduz.com>:

> Hello list,
>
> Does anyone have a working link to a pdf version (mod_perl 1.27) of the
> guide?  Found one in the archives that no longer works...

i found this one

perl.apache.org->documentation->mod_perl 1.0 Documentation->User Guide->PDF LINK

[http://perl.apache.org/docs/1.0/guide/guide.pdf]

./allan

Re: guide pdf documentation

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.
Rich Duzenbury wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> Does anyone have a working link to a pdf version (mod_perl 1.27) of the
> guide?  Found one in the archives that no longer works...

sorry, I was working around the problems on apache.org and changing the
auto-build script and the pdf build was broken. It's OK now, the pdfs
are back.

The original guide is now split in two parts, you just click on the
[pdf] button in the upper right corner to get each:
http://perl.apache.org/docs/1.0/guide/index.html
http://perl.apache.org/docs/general/index.html

you can also download a pdf of each individual chapter, by going to the
chapter of interest and clicking on the [pdf] button.