Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by "Shapira, Yoav" <Yo...@mpi.com> on 2004/03/11 20:54:15 UTC

People's apache.org web pages

Hi,
Does anyone else think it's kind of funny that most of our apache.org
web pages (http://www.apache.org/~coar/people.html) look like the first
homework assignment from a 9th grade "Introduction to the Internet"
class?  I think it's hilarious.

Something to lighten the mood during these license fallout discussions
;)

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics

This e-mail, including any attachments, is a confidential business communication, and may contain information that is confidential, proprietary and/or privileged.  This e-mail is intended only for the individual(s) to whom it is addressed, and may not be saved, copied, printed, disclosed or used by anyone else.  If you are not the(an) intended recipient, please immediately delete this e-mail from your computer system and notify the sender.  Thank you.

Re: People's apache.org web pages

Posted by "matthew.hawthorne" <ma...@apache.org>.
Shapira, Yoav wrote:
> Does anyone else think it's kind of funny that most of our apache.org
> web pages (http://www.apache.org/~coar/people.html) look like the first
> homework assignment from a 9th grade "Introduction to the Internet"
> class?  I think it's hilarious.
>
> Something to lighten the mood during these license fallout discussions
> ;)

That's a funny comparison.  Maybe everyone is just being careful not to
waste ASF bandwidth -- text-only pages, with as little text as possible...

It is nice to have this list of links though, it helps to shed some
light on who people are, what they're interested in, etc.

Re: People's apache.org web pages

Posted by Tetsuya Kitahata <te...@apache.org>.
Yeah, Ken (Rodent)'s "Apache People's Pages" is pretty nice.
Run by cron, and base script is written in perl.
Even though you, committers, put "blank" ~/public_html/index.html
page (in your home directory), it will be appeared on this
"Apache People's Pages" page, soon.
-- Nice work --

... Did you folks know this as well? :)
http://www.apache.org/~sgala/nightmap.html

-- Tetsuya. (tetsuya@apache.org)

--

On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 14:54:15 -0500
(Subject: People's apache.org web pages)

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
I didn't even know that http://www.apache.org/~coar/people.html existed.  My
page is deliberately terse.  Pretty much its only reason for existing is the
ICBM information.

	--- Noel