Posted to cactus-user@jakarta.apache.org by ken adjei <ke...@yahoo.com> on 2002/04/26 12:20:58 UTC

need help with setting up cactus

Hi everyone

I don't know if I have mis -read the instructions of cactus, however, I can't get the examples to run in visual age

I keep getting   "Failed to invoke suite():java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError"

I have also tried to run one of the servlet test example in orion  1.5.2  and I put the details of the servlet in the web.xml file ("note: that I'm doing everything in default-web-app")  also added all the jar's in the web-inf/lib

a directory which I created, however, when I call the TestSampleServlet which test the SampleServlet (both located in the classes directory of C:applsoriondefault-web-appWEB-INFclasses)

I don't get anything happening !!!

What I want to know is how do see my results ?

please help, please help

Re: need help with setting up cactus

Posted by la...@masq.ca.
On 26 Apr, ken adjei wrote:

> How do I add orion to visual-age as I know web sphere ir vaj preferred
> choice ?

Well, now you've gone passed my level of expertise. On the Web site, though,
take a look at

http://jakarta.apache.org/cactus/howto_ide.html

and inspire yourself from that.

Laurent Duperval <ma...@masq.ca>

DR. CALIGARI'S COME-BACK
    A bad sector disk error occurs only after you've done several hours of
    work without performing a backup.

Re: need help with setting up cactus

Posted by ken adjei <ke...@yahoo.com>.
  laurent.duperval@masq.ca wrote: On 26 Apr, ken adjei wrote:

> I have loaded the latest version of Junit into visual age
>
> However with regards to a container I don't believe or know how set up
> visual age to talk to a container ?

The container is your J2EE container, usually called an application server.
I'm not sure if your container is in your VAJ environment or not. All I can
say, from experience, is that NoClassDefFound usually means that class A
depends on class B, that class A was there at compile time but is no longer
there at runtime.

Laurent Duperval

"I'll always remember this as the night that Michael Jordan and I combined to
score 70 points."
-- Chicago Bulls forward Stacey King after scoring 1 point
in a game in which Jordan scored 69.

Posted by ken adjei <ke...@yahoo.com>.
 I have loaded the latest version of Junit into visual age

However with regards to a container I don't believe or know how set up visual age to talk to a container ?

please help
  laurent.duperval@masq.ca wrote: On 26 Apr, ken adjei wrote:

> Hi everyone

HI,

> I keep getting "Failed to invoke
> suite():java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError"

Hmmm, is it possible that you don't have same version of Junit in your
container and in VAJ?

> I have also tried to run one of the servlet test example in orion 1.5.2
> and I put the details of the servlet in the web.xml file ("note: that
> I'm doing everything in default-web-app") also added all the jar's in
> the web-inf/lib
>
> a directory which I created, however, when I call the TestSampleServlet
> which test the SampleServlet (both located in the classes directory of
> C:applsoriondefault-web-appWEB-INFclasses)
>
> I don't get anything happening !!!
>
> What I want to know is how do see my results ?

Your results should be printed on stdout. I'm not sure about this particular
problem.

Laurent Duperval

MURPHY'S_LAWS_OF_COMBAT:
17. Never share a foxhole with anyone braver than yourself.

On 26 Apr, ken adjei wrote:

> Hi everyone

HI,