Posted to dev@openjpa.apache.org by Craig L Russell <Cr...@Sun.COM> on 2007/02/01 21:50:03 UTC

INFO messages from JUnit tests in openjpa-persistence-jdbc

I get tons of output from the tests. Is there a way to change the log
level to WARNING?

RTFM reference?

Thanks,

Craig

Craig Russell
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com
P.S. A good JDO? O, Gasp!

Re: INFO messages from JUnit tests in openjpa-persistence-jdbc

Posted by Marc Prud'hommeaux <mp...@apache.org>.
Right. "openjpa.loglevel=WARN" is just converted to "-
Dopenjpa.Log=DefaultLevel=WARN".

It'd be nice if you could just specify the latter from the console,
but unfortunately surefire doesn't propagate system properties
through to the forked Surefire test runner, so we need to special-
case each property we want to pass through to the test cases.

Posted by Patrick Linskey <pl...@bea.com>.

Posted by Craig L Russell <Cr...@Sun.COM>.
Hi,

> mvn test -Dopenjpa.loglevel=WARN

Thanks for that, Patrick. When I use this, two things happen, as
below. Using "-Dopenjpa.Log=openjpa ( DefaultLevel=WARN )" turns off
the INFO logging messages from the [resources:resources] part of the
maven task. Apparently this isn't affected by the openjpa.loglevel
setting, but it thinks loglevel might be intended as Log. And using -
Dopenjpa.loglevel=WARN turns off messages from the test part of the
maven task.

Running mvn "-Dopenjpa.Log=openjpa ( DefaultLevel=WARN )" -
Dopenjpa.loglevel=WARN install
seems to work to set the level in the two different maven tasks,
although I'm confused why there are two different properties used to
control the log messages.

Any ideas?

Craig

1. [d-mpk17-107-87:openjpa/trunk/openjpa-persistence-jdbc] clr% mvn -
Dopenjpa.loglevel=WARN install[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO]
----
[INFO] Building OpenJPA JPA JDBC
[INFO]    task-segment: [install]
[INFO]
----
[INFO] [resources:resources]
[WARNING]
         Artifact commons-collections:commons-collections:jar:
3.2:test retains local scope 'test' overriding broader scope 'compile'
         given by a dependency. If this is not intended, modify or
remove the local scope.

[INFO] [compiler:compile]
[INFO] Nothing to compile - all classes are up to date
[INFO] [resources:testResources]
[INFO] [compiler:testCompile]
[INFO] Nothing to compile - all classes are up to date
[INFO] [antrun:run {execution: default}]
[INFO] Executing tasks
135  WARN   [main] openjpa.Runtime - The property named
"openjpa.loglevel" was not recognized and will be ignored, although
the name closely matches a valid property called "openjpa.Log".
4260  INFO   [main] openjpa.Tool - Enhancer running on type "class
org.apache.openjpa.persistence.datacache.TestDataCacheOptimisticLockReco
very".
5120  INFO   [main] openjpa.MetaData - Found 0 classes with metadata
in 6 milliseconds.
5565  INFO   [main] openjpa.MetaData - Parsing class
"org.apache.openjpa.persistence.datacache.TestDataCacheOptimisticLockRec
overy".
5683  WARN   [main] openjpa.Enhance - Type "class
org.apache.openjpa.persistence.datacache.TestDataCacheOptimisticLockReco
very" has no metadata; enhancing as persistence aware. If you
intended for "class
org.apache.openjpa.persistence.datacache.TestDataCacheOptimisticLockReco
very" to be persistence-capable, then this means that OpenJPA could
not find any metadata for "class
org.apache.openjpa.persistence.datacache.TestDataCacheOptimisticLockReco
very". This can happen if the directory containing your metadata is
not in your CLASSPATH, or if your metadata files are not named
properly. See the documentation on metadata placement for more
information.

... [snipped hundreds of similar INFO logging messages]

[INFO] Executed tasks
[INFO] [surefire:test]
[INFO] Surefire report directory: /Users/clr/openjpa/openjpa/trunk/
openjpa-persistence-jdbc/target/surefire-reports

2. As I wanted, the tests reported their success/failure without the
annoying INFO messages.

T E S T S
Running org.apache.openjpa.conf.TestAutoDetachProperty
Tests run: 3, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed:
13.708 sec
Running org.apache.openjpa.persistence.query.TestResultSetMapping
Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed:
10.284 sec
Running org.apache.openjpa.conf.TestBadAutoDetachProperty
Tests run: 3, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 0.371
sec
Running
org.apache.openjpa.persistence.inheritance.TestMultipleMappedSuperclassH
ierarchy
Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 0.731
sec

Posted by Patrick Linskey <pl...@bea.com>.