Posted to users@flex.apache.org by ImadEddine <cv...@gmail.com> on 2016/05/24 18:09:20 UTC

Flex MySQL Connector

<http://apache-flex-users.2333346.n4.nabble.com/file/n12744/CAP.jpg> sorry
for englishHi All ... I need helpI'm using asSQL-Beta2.8.swc ... the problem
when select datas ... no problem whan insert or update

Re: Flex MySQL Connector

Posted by Nemi <ne...@gmail.com>.
Check your files encoding.

Re: Flex MySQL Connector

Posted by leokan23 <le...@best-web.gr>.
I am not sure if this will help. I had the same problem when trying to
create, update and select, containing Greek characters.

I was using ZendAMF as a service with php, selecting data stored in mySQL.
In my php class, i added the following line:

mysqli_query($this->connection, "set names utf8");

this allowed the results to be returned as Greek Chars.

I hope this will do it for you, as i was trying to figure it out for a
while.

Re: Flex MySQL Connector

Posted by maimoy <an...@gmail.com>.
I had similar problems with Greek characters and MySql database server that i
used through weborb for java. I resolved it by adding some more parameters
in the creation of sql connection

I am copying the part of cql connection string that resolved my ptoblem

    <add
connectionString="jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/databasename?zeroDateTimeBehavior=convertToNull&amp;useUnicode=true&amp;characterEncoding=utf8&amp;characterSetResults=utf8&amp;user=root&amp;password=rootroot"
driver="com.mysql.jdbc.Driver" name="applicationModel"/>

Check yours if it has the useUnicode=true, characterEncoding=utf8 and
characterSetResults=utf8.

Hope that helps.

Re: Flex MySQL Connector

Posted by ImadEddine <cv...@gmail.com>.
The conclusion :

The First get (SELECT * FROM MYTABLE) --> I received '??????' as you have
seen
The 2nd get --> I received 'عماد الدين'

when you SELECT a DATA from database ... must be contains Arabic character
in the first time else the same result '?????'

after applied this idea

<http://apache-flex-users.2333346.n4.nabble.com/file/n12766/CAP08.png>

any idea ??

Re: Flex MySQL Connector

Posted by ImadEddine <cv...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for your reply

I have just discovered something strange ...

in this panel like this :
<http://apache-flex-users.2333346.n4.nabble.com/file/n12764/CAP07.png>

Re: Flex MySQL Connector

Posted by ImadEddine <cv...@gmail.com>.
The original code like this:

if ( charSet == "utf8" ) { // not "utf-8"
        		out = rowData.readMultiByte(colLengths[colIndex], "utf-8");
        	}
        	else {
        		out = rowData.readUTFBytes(colLengths[colIndex]); // this
instruction execute always
        	}

but the same result --> ????????

Re: Flex MySQL Connector

Posted by ImadEddine <cv...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for your reply

Yes i am sure
<http://apache-flex-users.2333346.n4.nabble.com/file/n12760/CAP06.png>

Re: Flex MySQL Connector

Posted by OK <OK...@edscha.com>.
To be able to dissolve the encoding mismatch perhaps this is helpful:

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.7/en/charset-convert.html
http://help.adobe.com/en_US/FlashPlatform/reference/actionscript/3/charset-codes.html
http://help.adobe.com/en_US/FlashPlatform/reference/actionscript/3/flash/utils/ByteArray.html#writeMultiByte()

Olaf

Re: Flex MySQL Connector

Posted by OK <OK...@edscha.com>.
ImadEddine wrote
> <mysql:MySqlService id="starter" sqlError="starter_sqlErrorHandler(event)"
> charSet="utf8"/>

Maybe you have to pass "utf-8" instead of "utf8" (notice the hyphen) to
charSet?

Olaf

Re: Flex MySQL Connector

Posted by ImadEddine <cv...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for your reply

in Declaration bloc :

<http://apache-flex-users.2333346.n4.nabble.com/file/n12757/CAP05.png>

Re: Flex MySQL Connector

Posted by ImadEddine <cv...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for your reply

No problem when i insert data (this data in Arabic inserted from my flex
application)

only when i get data (select * from myTable)

about issue with the ASSQL project .... a set of issues doen't replyed since
a long time ago

Re: Flex MySQL Connector

Posted by Paul Hastings <pa...@gmail.com>.
On 5/25/2016 2:22 PM, ImadEddine wrote:
> Thanks for your reply
>
> The Data type is String in Arabic ... when i received ... it transform in
> '?????? ????' after decoding bytes

question marks mean the encoding is wrong. encoding mismatch between your app &
the way the data is stored in that table.

start with your mysql tool & see what is returned, might be corrupted from bad
encoding on insert/update, so you'll need to examine that part as well.

Re: Flex MySQL Connector

Posted by ImadEddine <cv...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for your reply

in this part look photo :
"if ( charSet == "utf-8" ) {" at getString function

charSet received "utf-8" --> the Right part was "utf8" i change it to
"utf-8"
but in the 2cases the same result (???????)

before this i don't know ... i am just like beginner in flex -- the bytes as
uint

Re: Flex MySQL Connector

Posted by Tom Chiverton <tc...@extravision.com>.
Have you inspected the raw bytes to see what they are encoded as before
they are returned ?

It seems logging an issue with the ASSQL project on GitHub may be more
productive ?

Re: Flex MySQL Connector

Re: Flex MySQL Connector

Posted by Tom Chiverton <tc...@extravision.com>.
I'm not familiar with the framework, but maybe you need to call
getDate() or similar rather than getString() ?

Tom

Re: Flex MySQL Connector

Posted by OK <OK...@edscha.com>.
For me also it seems that this is an "Character Encoding Issue".
Probably a latin string works?

I don't know the "asSQL" lib, maybe you could set a default Character Set
for your MySql connection?

Olaf

Re: Flex MySQL Connector

Posted by OK <OK...@edscha.com>.
Are you sure that the 'charSet' inside 'getString()' contains 'UTF-8' ?

Olaf