Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by "M.A.Bednarz" <be...@googlemail.com> on 2008/06/10 20:30:11 UTC

Help needed for SSL and Basic authentication

Hello !

Is there an expert who can give me a hint how to configure ssl and basic
authentication in combination? I have a working ssl engine-factory so far and
need to activate basic authentication for my service. My source for a spring
started configuration is this:

public class SpringServiceServer {
        ApplicationContext applicationContext = new
ClassPathXmlApplicationContext(
                new String[] { "springcxf.xml" });
        System.in.read();
    }
}

--- springcxf.xml ---

    xmlns:sec="http://cxf.apache.org/configuration/security"
              http://cxf.apache.org/configuration/security
http://cxf.apache.org/schemas/configuration/security.xsd
            http://cxf.apache.org/jaxws
http://cxf.apache.org/schemas/jaxws.xsd">

    <import resource="classpath:server.cxf" />
    <import resource="classpath:META-INF/cxf/cxf-extension-soap.xml" />
    <import resource="classpath:META-INF/cxf/cxf-extension-http.xml" />
    <import resource="classpath:META-INF/cxf/cxf-extension-http-jetty.xml"
/>

    <jaxws:endpoint id="customerService"
        implementor="CustomerServiceImpl" address="
https://localhost:9001/CustomerService">
    </jaxws:endpoint>

</beans>

--- server.cxf ---

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    xmlns:sec="http://cxf.apache.org/configuration/security"
    xmlns:http="http://cxf.apache.org/transports/http/configuration"
    xmlns:httpj="http://cxf.apache.org/transports/http-jetty/configuration"
    xmlns:jaxws="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/jaxws"
    xsi:schemaLocation="
       http://cxf.apache.org/configuration/security
       http://cxf.apache.org/schemas/configuration/security.xsd
            http://cxf.apache.org/transports/http/configuration
            http://cxf.apache.org/schemas/configuration/http-conf.xsd
            http://cxf.apache.org/transports/http-jetty/configuration
            http://cxf.apache.org/schemas/configuration/http-jetty.xsd
">

    <httpj:engine-factory bus="cxf">
        <httpj:engine port="9001">
            <httpj:tlsServerParameters>
                <sec:keyManagers keyPassword="secret">
                    <sec:keyStore type="JKS" password="secret"
                        file="doc/keystore" />
                </sec:keyManagers>
                <sec:trustManagers>
                    <sec:keyStore type="JKS" password="secret"
                        file="doc/keystore" />
                </sec:trustManagers>
            </httpj:tlsServerParameters>
        </httpj:engine>
    </httpj:engine-factory>

    <!-- We need a bean named "cxf" -->
    <bean id="cxf" class="org.apache.cxf.bus.CXFBusImpl"/>

</beans>

What I need is that a client has to login before can even see the wsdl. I
tried to use a http-conduit but there is no effect I only get the https page
but no login box :-(((

Thank you very much for any help,

Maciek

Re: Help needed for SSL and Basic authentication

Posted by "M.A.Bednarz" <be...@googlemail.com>.
Thanks,

this look good and exactly what I need.

Thank you very much,

Maciek

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
On Jun 11, 2008, at 12:21 AM, Glen Mazza wrote:

> If you are talking about a standalone web service (one not hosted on a
> servlet container), maybe com.sun.net.HttpsServer[1] can help you here
> (I've never used it before though.)  See [2], "Take Control of the
> Underlying HTTP Server" section at the bottom.
>
> (Anybody know if CXF has an equivalent for this?)

Kind of.   We use jetty for our http server when we need to bring up a
service as a standalone service like this.   I honestly don't know how
to configure the embedded jetty instance to handle the user mapping
stuff itself.   We have configuration that allows adding handlers to
the jetty instance, but I haven't delved into the jetty capabilities
enough to figure out what handlers would be needed.

The other alternative is to write a CXF interceptor that grabs the
username/password from the Message and authenticate it with whatever
authentication mechanism you use.   This isn't much work.

Dan

---
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org
http://www.dankulp.com/blog

Re: Help needed for SSL and Basic authentication

Posted by Glen Mazza <gl...@verizon.net>.

Posted by "M.A.Bednarz" <be...@googlemail.com>.
Hello Glen !

Posted by Glen Mazza <gl...@gmail.com>.