Posted to dev@taverna.apache.org by Willy Aguirre <ma...@gmail.com> on 2016/03/07 19:48:53 UTC

[GSoC 2016] Hi!!

Hi!

I'm Willy Aguirre from Lima Peru Actually I'm studing at UPC(
http://epe.upc.edu.pe/)

I don't have experience in Workflow System but I used BPMN (Bisagi) I think
is new experience for me.

I'm working as a java developer and also I used Play Framework 1.* it uses
yaml

https://pe.linkedin.com/in/willyaguirre

I passed GSoC 2015 for Apache Aurora
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AURORA-1164

I'm interesting in these ideas

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAVERNA-881

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAVERNA-879

<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AURORA-1164>
Cheers!
Willy

<https://pe.linkedin.com/in/willyaguirre>
--
Willy Aguirre | @willrre
Blog: http://osgux.tumblr.com/

Re: [GSoC 2016] Hi!!

Posted by Alan Williams <al...@googlemail.com>.
On 15-Mar-16 19:35, Stian Soiland-Reyes wrote:
> OK, I've updated the wiki to say you prefer 900 :)
>
> Task TAVERNA-900 includes all of the 5 (now 6!) CWL sub-tasks - or a
> selection of those. We never intended for the GSOC student to complete
> all of those, but completing more than one task would be brilliant!
>
> You can work on your project proposal and detail what work you are
> considering to focus on, in which order. Of course with more tasks you
> will need to think a bit more about milestones, and declare which
> tasks would be optional if you have enough time (and likewise what
> could be skipped if you run short!).
>
> GSOC students - your proposal and tasks does not have to match the
> Jira description - it is better if it doesn't and show what you have
> already investigated and planned!  But it's OK if the first part of
> the project is to investigate different solutions/libraries and try
> out some quick manual prototypes.

Also, (to repeat myself) when writing your proposal, do not forget to
consider:

(a) how you will become involved in the developer community,
(b) how you will involve any interested users in evaluation of your work,
(c) how you will test the work
(d) the schedule, if possible with milestones
(e) any time(s) you will not be available.

Alan

Re: [GSoC 2016] Hi!!

Posted by Stian Soiland-Reyes <st...@apache.org>.

Re: [GSoC 2016] Hi!!

Posted by Willy Aguirre <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi Stian

Re: [GSoC 2016] Hi!!

Posted by Stian Soiland-Reyes <st...@apache.org>.

Re: [GSoC 2016] Hi!!

Posted by Willy Aguirre <ma...@gmail.com>.
thanks!! =D

Re: [GSoC 2016] Hi!!

Posted by Stian Soiland-Reyes <st...@apache.org>.

Re: [GSoC 2016] Hi!!

Posted by Willy Aguirre <ma...@gmail.com>.

Re: [GSoC 2016] Hi!!

Posted by Alan Williams <al...@googlemail.com>.

Re: [GSoC 2016] Hi!!

Posted by Willy Aguirre <ma...@gmail.com>.

Re: [GSoC 2016] Hi!!

Posted by Alan Williams <al...@googlemail.com>.
On 13-Mar-16 15:23, Willy Aguirre wrote:
> Thanks for answer! So I prefer to implement CWL
>
> https://github.com/common-workflow-language

Do you mean 881 https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAVERNA-881 ?

Before the four sub-tasks, there is an essential first step -
understanding CWL and Taverna as much as possible, or at least to the
depth where you know which parts you do not know :)

Because 881 links to other issues, 877 and 879, you will need to think
about how your work will relate to them. For example, can you use a
dummy configuration until 877 is done.

When writing your proposal, do not forget to consider:

(a) how you will become involved in the developer community,
(b) how you will involve any interested users in evaluation of your work,
(c) how you will test the work
(d) the schedule, if possible with milestoones
(e) any time(s) you will not be available.

Good luck

Alan

Re: [GSoC 2016] Hi!!

Posted by Willy Aguirre <ma...@gmail.com>.