Posted to dev@drat.apache.org by Chris Mattmann <ma...@apache.org> on 2018/05/11 20:16:52 UTC

[DRAFT] Apache DRAT report

Hey Team going to commit this to the agenda.

Let me know if you want to add stuff.

- Apache DRAT is a distributed, parallelized (Map Reduce) wrapper around
 Apache RAT™ and other code auditing tools to allow it to complete on large
 code repositories of multiple file types.

## Issues:

- There are no issues requiring board attention at this time.
## Activity:

 - we are currently voting on the addition of a few new PMC members and committers
and will have something to report next quarter here.

 - Google Summer of Code has started and we have a project to improve the DRAT UI with
Ahmed Ifhaam to evolve the DRAT UI. Chris Mattmann is mentoring and we expect some activity
around the project.

 - Wayne Burke and Phil Otilinger made some minor updates to the website to conform to the branding policy by fixing the year
mentioned and to clean the website of old artifiacts.

 - Lewis McGibbney upgraded DRAT to the latest released version of OODT (1.2.2) and to the latest Tomcat (9.x)

## Health report:

  - we are a small but growing project. There are some big opportunities to make DRAT the defacto code
analysis tool used by all of our projects. We need to get our Drat-Viz full ASF website published and
we also need to think about a Maven plugin. But beyond that we are healthy, adding new committers and PMC,
participating in GSOC and slowly but steadily growing.

## PMC changes:

 - Currently 11 PMC members.

 - Philipp Ottlinger was added to the PMC on Mon Feb 26 2018

## Committer base changes:

 - Currently 11 committers.

 - Philipp Ottlinger was added as a committer on Tue Feb 27 2018

## Releases:

 - None to date

## Mailing list activity:

 - Activity is consistent. Expect a bunch of GSOC emails in the next few months and activity there. Chris
also wants to finish getting the DRAT full ASF viz up on the website so we expect there to be some activity
there.

 - dev@drat.apache.org:

 - issues@drat.apache.org:

    - 10 subscribers (up 0 in the last 3 months)