Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Saikat Chatterjee <sa...@interrait.com> on 2000/12/08 10:16:50 UTC

Application Path

Hello All,
            I have a question regarding application path in Tomcat. I have
loaded and application named "myapp" under 'webapps' of Tomcat. Now, is it
possible to know the full path of my application "myapp"?[i.e upto and including
the folder 'myapp']

Thanks in advance,

Saikat

Re: Application Path

Posted by Jon Skeet <jo...@peramon.com>.
> Hello All,
>             I have a question regarding application path in Tomcat. I have
> loaded and application named "myapp" under 'webapps' of Tomcat. Now, is it
> possible to know the full path of my application "myapp"?[i.e upto and including
> the folder 'myapp']

Within a request, use something like the following:

String requestURL = HttpUtils.getRequestURL (req).toString();
String path = req.getPathInfo();
if (path==null)
     servletURL=requestURL;
else
{
    if (!requestURL.endsWith (path))
    {
             // Panic and use something else... your choice!
    }
    else
        servletURL = requestURL.substring (0, requestURL.length()-path.length());
}

Jon